The Airtag is a small device that can be placed on keys, wallets, or other belongings to help track their location. The tag uses Bluetooth technology to communicate with Apple’s Find My app, which can then provide the location of the tagged item.
The Airtags are also said to be able to play a sound when they are within range of an iOS device, making them easier to find if they are misplaced.
While the concept of the Airtag is certainly not new (similar devices have been available for years), its incorporation into Apple’s existing Find My app makes it a more appealing option for many users.
Furthermore, the Airtags’ small size and suggested price point ($29 for a pack of four) make them a relatively affordable option compared to similar products on the market.
Overall, the Airtag seems like a useful tool for those who are often misplacing their belongings. However, only time will tell if they gain widespread adoption among iPhone users.
- This product is available at Venue Marketplace, Jumia.
- At venue.com you can purchase Apple AirTag for only $34.22 , which is 100% less than the cost in Jumia (₦113,999.00).
- The lowest price of Airtag 4 Pack - Bluetooth Tracker was obtained on November 26, 2023 6:43 pm.
If you’re looking for a great deal on an Apple Airtag, we work hard to find the best deals on the latest and greatest tech products. And right now, we’ve got some great deals on Apple Airtags.
What Is an Apple Airtag?
An Apple Airtag is a Bluetooth-enabled device that can be placed on objects and tracked using an iOS device. The Airtag uses the Find My app to help you keep track of your belongings, and it also works with the new “Items” feature in iOS 14.3.
You can attach an Airtag to anything you don’t want to lose—like your keys, wallet, or backpack—and then keep track of it in the Find My app. If you misplace an item that has an Airtag attached to it, you can ask other iPhone users who have the Find My app installed to anonymously report its location back to you. And if your iPhone is lost or stolen, you can use the Find My app to see its current location and get directions to where it is.
The Find My app already lets you keep track of all your Apple devices, as well as any AirPods or Beats headphones connected to them. With iOS 14.3 and later, there’s a new “Items” tab in the Find My app that shows all of your Airtags in one place.
You can also see the last known location for each Airtag on a map, and get directions back to where it was last seen (if it’s still in range).
Apple Airtag Range
The Apple Airtag has a range of up to 200 feet, making it one of the longest-range tags on the market. This makes it ideal for tracking large items like luggage or bicycles.
It also means that you don’t have to be in close proximity to an item to track it; as long as your Airtag is within range, you can find its location. Even if an item is moved out of range, as long as it comes back within range eventually, you’ll still be able to track it.
This tag’s impressive range is due to its ultra-wideband (UWB) technology. UWB is a form of radio waves that can travel much farther than other types of signals; in fact, UWB signals can travel up to 10 times farther than Bluetooth signals.
That’s why the Apple Airtag has such a long range; its UWB signal can reach much farther than other tags’ signals.
Of course, the Airtag’s range isn’t always perfect. Walls and other obstacles can interfere with the signal and shorten its range somewhat. And since the tag relies on battery power to operate, its range will decrease over time as the battery drains.
Nonetheless, the Airtag’s long range makes it one of the best tags available for tracking important items.
How Does Apple Airtag Work?
Apple Airtag is a small, round, white device that can be placed inside objects like wallets, purses, or keychains. When someone else comes close to the object with an Airtag enabled iOS device, they will receive a notification telling them that the object has been found.
The owner of the object can then see its location on a map and choose to have it returned to them if they wish. Airtags work by utilizing Apple’s vast network of iOS devices. Every iPhone or iPad in range of an Airtag broadcasts a secure Bluetooth signal that contains its unique ID.
This ID is anonymously associated with the location coordinate where the signal was last seen. When an Airtag is moved away from its owner and out of range of their devices, it will begin broadcasting its ID and location to any nearby iOS devices.
If the owner of the Airtag has chosen to share its location with their friends or family, they will receive a notification on their device when it comes within range of the Airtag again. They can then choose to return the object to its rightful owner.
If no one in the owner’s network is nearby, anyone with an iOS device can help track down the lost item by checking for Nearby Notifications under Settings > Privacy > Location Services on their device.
How to Use Apple Airtag
If you have an Apple device, you can use the built-in app called Find My to track down your lost items. Simply attach an AirTag to whatever you want to keep track of—your keys, purse, or even your child—and then if it ever gets lost, you can use the Find My app to see its location on a map.
You can also set up notifications so that when the item is moved or found, you’ll get an alert on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
Here’s how to set up and use AirTag with Find My:
1. Attach an AirTag to whatever you want to keep track of. If it’s a bag or other item that doesn’t have a key ring hole, you can put it in the included leather key fob or loop it onto anything else with the help of a split ring (available at most hardware stores).
2. Open the Find My app and go to the Items tab. If this is your first time using Find My with AirTag, tap Continue, then select each type of item that you want to find—for example, Keys or Wallet—and tap Done.
3. Tap the + button, then tap Add Item. Select AirTag from the list of supported devices, then tap Continue and follow the instructions on-screen until you see “Your item has been added.”
4. You Keep Track of Your Things.
5. Set Up Notifications So You’re Alerted When an Item Is Moved or Found
6. Remove an AirTag from Find My.
Apple Airtag Wallet
Apple has always been a company that is willing to take risks and innovate in order to bring the best products to its consumers. The release of the iPhone was a perfect example of this, as it completely changed the way that people interact with their phones.
Now, Apple is looking to change the way people keep track of their belongings with the release of the Airtag Wallet.
The Airtag Wallet is a small, disk-shaped device that can be attached to any item. Once attached, the Airtag will use Apple’s existing Find My network to keep track of the item’s location.
If an item is lost, anyone who comes into range of the Airtag will receive a notification on their iPhone letting them know where it is.
While the concept of using technology to keep track of your belongings is not new, Apple has put its own spin on things with the Airtag Wallet.
The use of the Find My network makes it easy for anyone to help find a lost item, and the design of the Airtag itself is both sleek and functional.
Whether you’re always misplacing your keys or you want peace of mind knowing that your luggage will never get lost again, Apple’s new Airtag Wallet may be just what you’ve been looking for.
Apple Airtag Keychain
Apple’s new Airtag keychain is a nifty little gadget that can help you keep track of your keys. The Airtag keychain attaches to your keys and uses Bluetooth to connect to your iPhone. When you lose your keys, the Airtag will help you find them.
The Airtag keychain is pretty simple to use. First, you’ll need to download the Apple Find My app from the App Store. Once you have the app installed, simply open it and follow the prompts to set up your Airtag.
Once your Airtag is set up, all you need to do is attach it to your keys and forget about it. The next time you lose your keys, simply open the Find My app and it will help you locate them.
If you’re looking for a way to keep track of your keys, the Apple Airtag keychain is definitely worth checking out. It’s easy to use and very affordable, making it a great choice for anyone who wants an easy way to keep their keys safe and sound.
Apple Airtag 4 Pack
Apple Airtags is the latest in a long line of innovative products from the technology giant. These tags attach to items like keys or wallets and help you keep track of them using the “Find My” app on your iPhone or iPad.
Airtags can be placed into a special case that can be hung from a key ring, or they can be placed directly onto an object.
The Airtag 4 Pack includes four tags, each of which has its own unique ID. When an Airtag is attached to an object, it continuously broadcasts its location information via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).
This information is then received by nearby iPhones and iPads running iOS 14.5 or later, which relay the location information back to the “Find My” app.
Apple has designed the system so that all location data remains private and anonymous, and no personally identifiable information is ever shared with third parties.
The Find My app will show you the general area where your lost item was last seen, and you can also use the app to play a sound on the Airtag to help locate it.
If your lost item is moved by someone else, you’ll receive an anonymous notification letting you know its new location.
Apple Airtag For Tracking Dogs or Cat
Have you ever lost your dog or cat before? It can be an absolutely heartbreaking experience. You search and search but just can’t seem to find them anywhere.
But what if there was a way to track your furry friend no matter where they went?
With Apple’s new Airtag, now you can! Just attach the small, round device to your pet’s collar and you’ll be able to track their location using the Find My app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
If your pet happens to wander off, you’ll receive a notification letting you know where they are so you can go and get them.
The Apple Airtag dog will also work with other Apple devices in everyone’s Find My network, meaning that if someone else comes across your lost pet, they’ll be able to see their location as well.
So not only will you have peace of mind knowing that you can find your pet if they ever run off, but everyone else will be able to help out too!
The Apple AirTag is a small, round tag that can be attached to just about anything – including your dog’s collar. The AirTag will keep track of your furry friend if they ever happen to get lost.
The Apple AirTag dog collar is very easy to set up and use. Simply attach it to your dog’s collar and then pair it with your iPhone via the Find My app.
Once it’s all set up, you’ll be able to see the AirTag’s location on a map at any time. If your dog happens to wander off, you’ll receive an alert on your phone so you can go find them.
The best part about the AirTag is that it doesn’t require any special equipment – everything you need is already built into your iPhone.
And if for some reason your dog does manage to lose their collar (it happens), simply attaching an AirTag to its new one will allow you to pick up right where you left off. No muss, no fuss – just peace of mind for pet owners everywhere.
The Best Apple AirTag Dog Collar 2023
How Is the Airtag Different from a Bluetooth or Gps Pet Tracker?
There are a few key ways that the Airtag differs from other pet tracking devices on the market.
- The Airtag uses Apple’s Find My network rather than a Bluetooth or GPS signal. This means that it can be used to track your pet even if they’re far away from you.
- The Airtag is much smaller and more discreet than other pet trackers. It can easily be attached to your pet’s collar without them even noticing it’s there.
- The Airtag also works with other Apple devices in everyone’s Find My network. So not only will you have peace of mind knowing that you can find your pet if they ever run off, but everyone else will be able to help out too!
Unboxing and Set-Up:
The Apple AirTag comes in a small, minimalist white box with the iconic Apple logo on the front. As soon as I opened the box, I was greeted with the sleek and shiny AirTag, which had a premium feel to it. The set-up process was quick and easy, thanks to the seamless integration with the Apple ecosystem. I simply brought my iPhone close to the AirTag, and a pop-up appeared on my screen prompting me to set it up. I followed the on-screen instructions, which included naming my AirTag and attaching it to an item, and I was all set!
Unique Features of the Apple AirTag:
The Apple AirTag boasts several unique features that set it apart from other tracking devices on the market. Here are some of the standout features:
- Precision Finding: One of the most impressive features of the Apple AirTag is Precision Finding. When you’re trying to locate a lost item, the AirTag uses Ultra-Wideband technology to provide precise directions and distance to the item using the Find My app on your iPhone. I was amazed at how accurate and helpful this feature was in helping me locate my misplaced keys within seconds.
- Customizable Name and Emoji: Another fun feature of the Apple AirTag is the ability to customize the name and emoji associated with your AirTag. This adds a personal touch and makes it easy to identify which AirTag belongs to which item, especially if you have multiple AirTags for different belongings.
- Privacy and Security: Apple places a strong emphasis on user privacy and security, and the AirTag is no exception. The AirTag uses end-to-end encryption to protect the location data and ensure that only you can access it. Additionally, the AirTag has a unique safety feature that alerts you if an unknown AirTag is moving with you for an extended period of time, which is a thoughtful addition to protect against potential stalking or harassment.
- Replaceable Battery: Unlike some other tracking devices that require frequent battery replacements or charging, the Apple AirTag features a user-replaceable CR2032 coin cell battery that lasts for about a year. This means you won’t have to worry about constantly recharging your AirTag, and you can easily replace the battery when it’s low on power.
Does Apple Approve Use of Airtag for Tracking Pets?
Apple does not officially condone the use of their Airtag for tracking pets, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be done. While the company doesn’t offer any sort of warranty or customer support for those who use the device for this purpose, there are still many people who choose to do so.
The main reason people are drawn to using the Airtag for tracking pets is because of its accuracy and reliability. Unlike other pet trackers on the market which rely on Bluetooth or GPS signals, the Airtag uses Apple’s Find My network.
This means that it can be used to track your pet even if they’re far away from you.
Another big selling point for the Airtag is its size and discretion. The device is small and round, making it easy to attach to your pet’s collar without them even noticing it’s there. And because it doesn’t emit any sort of signal, you don’t have to worry about your pet being tracked by anyone else except you.
So if you’re looking for a reliable and accurate way to track your pet, the Airtag may be worth considering – even though Apple doesn’t officially condone its use for this purpose.
Is there any reason you wouldn’t want to use AirTags for pets?
As with anything, there are some potential downsides to using AirTags for pets that you should be aware of before making the decision to purchase one.
- First, while the AirTag is very accurate in terms of its tracking abilities, it only works if your pet is within range of the Find My network. This means that if your pet happens to wander off too far, you may not be able to track them.
- Second, because the AirTag is so small and discreet, there is always the possibility that your pet could lose it or that it could fall off its collar without you realizing it. If this happens, you would no longer be able to track your pet’s location.
- Finally, while the AirTag does work with other Apple devices in everyone’s Find My network, this also means that anyone else with an Apple device will be able to see your pet’s location as well.
So if you’re concerned about privacy, this may not be the best solution for you.
What are the best GPS pet trackers?
There are a few different GPS pet trackers on the market, but not all of them are created equal. Here are three of the best GPS pet trackers currently available:
1. The Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker is one of the most popular options out there and for good reason. It’s accurate, reliable, and comes with a variety of features that make it easy to keep track of your pet. Plus, it attaches easily to your pet’s collar and is comfortable for them to wear.
2. The Tagg Pet Tracker is another great option that offers similar features to the Whistle 3 tracker. However, one of the best things about this particular tracker is that it comes with a light-up display so you can easily see your pet’s location at night or in low-light conditions.
3. The Pod 2 Go Tracking System is perfect for those who want a more comprehensive solution for tracking their pets. In addition to being able to see your pet’s location at all times, this system also allows you to set up virtual fences and get alerts if your pet leaves a designated area.
Apple Airtag for Kids
Apple Airtag is a great product for kids. It helps them stay safe and keeps track of their belongings. The product is very user friendly and efficient. I would definitely recommend this product to parents with young children.
The Airtag has an app that allows you to set up a profile for each child. You can add their name, photo, and contact information. If they lose their Airtag, anyone who finds it can scan the tag and see the child’s information. They can then reach out to the child’s parents or guardians to return the Airtag.
I think the Airtag is a fantastic idea because it gives parents peace of mind knowing that their children are always safe. It’s also affordable, which is another big plus. Overall, I highly recommend Apple Airtag for kids!
Apple Airtag Tracker
The new Apple Airtag tracker is a great way to keep track of your belongings. With this handy device, you can attach it to any item and use the Find My app to keep track of its location.
You can also see the current location of your Airtag, as well as its history, so you can always know where it is. If you misplace an item that has an Airtag attached to it, you can use the Find My app to help you find it.
The Airtag will emit a sound when it is within range, making it easy to locate. You can also use the Find My app to share the location of your Airtag with someone else, so they can help you find it.
The Apple Airtag tracker is a great way to keep track of your belongings and make sure they are always safe.
Apple Airtag Holder
The Tracker Tag attaches to the back of your iPhone or iPad with a strong adhesive and uses Bluetooth to communicate with your device.
If your device is lost, the tracker will sound an alarm so you can find it quickly.
The Airtag holder is designed to protect your tracker and keep it from getting lost. The holder attaches to your keychain or bag and has a built-in loop so you can attach it to anything else.
The Tracker Tag also comes with a screwdriver so you can attach it to any flat surface. If you are looking for a way to keep track of your belongings, then the Apple Airtag Holder is a great choice.
This product will help ensure that your Airtag stays safe and secure, while also making it easy for you to attach it to whatever item you wish.
In addition, the included screwdriver makes it simple to affix the holder onto any flat surface, giving you even more options for placement.
Whether attached to your keys or bag or even just kept in a pocket or purse, the Apple Airtag Holder is an ideal solution for anyone who wants an extra level of security and peace of mind when away from home.
Apple Airtag Price
Apple’s new Airtag accessory is now available to purchase, with the tags starting at $29 for a single device. The Airtags are designed to be attached to items like keys and wallets, so you can use Apple’s Find My app to locate them if they’re ever lost.
The Airtags work by taking advantage of the vast network of Apple devices that are always searching for Bluetooth signals.
When an Airtag is within range of an iOS device, it will anonymously relay its location back to the owner, so they can see where it is on a map in the Find My app.
If you’re concerned about privacy, Apple has included a few features to keep your location data safe.
- Each Airtag is assigned a random ID that’s different from your Apple ID or any personal information.
- Location data is end-to-end encrypted so only you and your approved contacts can see it.
- You can choose whether or not to share your location with anyone else using the Find My app.
So far, reviews for the Airtag have been positive, with many praising its ease of use and affordability.
If you’ve been looking for a way to keep track of your belongings (or just want peace of mind), the Airtag may be worth considering.
Performance and Accuracy:
I tested the Apple AirTag in various scenarios to evaluate its performance and accuracy. Here’s what I found:
- Indoor Tracking: One of the challenges with tracking devices is their accuracy indoors, where GPS signals may not be as strong. However, the Apple AirTag’s Precision Finding feature worked surprisingly well indoors, even in a multi-story building. I was able to quickly locate my misplaced keys in different rooms with impressive accuracy, thanks to the combination of Ultra-Wideband technology and the Find My app’s intuitive interface.
- Outdoor Tracking: Outdoors, the Apple AirTag’s performance was equally impressive. I attached the AirTag to my backpack and went for a hike in a nearby park. Using the Find My app, I was able to track the location of my backpack in real-time and quickly locate it when I needed to retrieve it. The accuracy of the location updates was spot-on, and I appreciated the peace of mind knowing that I could easily keep track of my belongings even in open outdoor spaces.
- Range and Connectivity: The Apple AirTag has a Bluetooth range of up to 100 meters, which is quite impressive. I tested the range by leaving my keys with the AirTag in one room and walking to different areas of my house. The AirTag remained connected to my iPhone throughout, and I was able to track its location without any issues. However, it’s important to note that the range may vary depending on the environment and obstacles in the way.
- Sound and Haptic Feedback: When you’re trying to locate a misplaced item using the Apple AirTag, it emits a sound and provides haptic feedback to help you pinpoint its location. I found this feature to be incredibly helpful, as the sound was loud enough to be heard from a distance, and the haptic feedback provided additional cues when I was close to the item. This made the whole tracking process more efficient and convenient.
Comparison with Similar Alternatives:
As with any review, it’s important to compare the Apple AirTag with similar alternatives in the market. Here’s how the AirTag stacks up against some popular competitors:
- Tile Mate: The Tile Mate is another popular tracking device that helps you keep track of your belongings. While both the Tile Mate and the Apple AirTag have similar functionalities, there are some key differences. The AirTag offers the Precision Finding feature, which provides more accurate directions and distance, whereas the Tile Mate relies solely on Bluetooth for tracking. The Tile Mate also requires a separate battery replacement, whereas the AirTag has a user-replaceable battery. However, the Tile Mate works with both iOS and Android devices, whereas the Apple AirTag is designed exclusively for Apple users.
- Samsung Galaxy SmartTag: The Samsung Galaxy SmartTag is a tracking device similar to the Apple AirTag, but it is designed specifically for Samsung Galaxy devices. Like the AirTag, it uses Bluetooth and has a replaceable battery. However, the AirTag has the advantage of Ultra-Wideband technology, which provides more precise tracking with the Precision Finding feature. The Galaxy SmartTag also has a shorter Bluetooth range compared to the AirTag, and it may not be as compatible with non-Samsung devices.
Evolution from Previous Models:
The Apple AirTag is a new addition to Apple’s ecosystem of devices and services, and it represents a significant step forward in the realm of tracking devices. Compared to previous models or releases, the AirTag introduces several improvements and innovations:
- Precision Finding: The Precision Finding feature is a new addition to the AirTag, providing more accurate directions and distance when tracking the location of a misplaced item. This feature is not available in previous models or releases, making the AirTag a more advanced tracking device.
- Ultra-Wideband Technology: The AirTag utilizes Ultra-Wideband technology, which provides more precise tracking and enhances the accuracy of the location updates. This technology is not available in previous models or releases, giving the AirTag an edge in terms of tracking capabilities.
- User-Replaceable Battery: Unlike previous models or releases that may require frequent recharging or battery replacements, the AirTag comes with a user-replaceable CR2032 coin cell battery. This ensures that users can easily replace the battery when needed, without having to rely on Apple for battery replacements.
- Integration with Find My App: The AirTag seamlessly integrates with Apple’s Find My app, which is a significant improvement from previous models or releases. This integration provides a centralized location tracking platform for all Apple devices, making it more convenient and efficient for users to track their belongings.
Key Design Choices and Their Effects on Users:
The design of the Apple AirTag is sleek and minimalist, with a small circular shape and a shiny finish. While this design may be visually appealing to some users, it also has some key design choices that can affect the usability and practicality of the AirTag:
- Lack of Built-in Attachment Mechanism: The AirTag does not have a built-in attachment mechanism or loop, which means that users need to purchase additional accessories, such as key rings or loops, to attach the AirTag to their belongings. This can be an additional cost and inconvenience for users.
- Size and Portability: The small size of the AirTag makes it easy to carry and attach to various items, but it can also be a disadvantage in terms of visibility and durability. The small size may make it harder to locate the AirTag if it’s attached to a small item, and the shiny finish can easily scratch or scuff, affecting its appearance over time.
- Minimalistic Design: The minimalist design of the AirTag may be visually appealing to some users, but it can also be a limitation in terms of functionality. The lack of any buttons or physical indicators on the AirTag means that users need to rely solely on the Find My app for tracking and locating their belongings, which may not be as convenient or intuitive for everyone.
- Apple AirTag Official Website: https://www.apple.com/airtag/
- Tile Official Website: https://www.thetileapp.com/
- Samsung SmartTag Official Website: https://www.samsung.com
Where to Buy:
If you’re interested in purchasing the Apple AirTag, you can find it on the official Apple website, as well as through authorized retailers such as Amazon, Best Buy, and other major electronics stores. It’s always a good idea to check for deals, discounts, and promotions from various sellers to ensure you’re getting the best value for your money.
In my research, I found that the Apple AirTag is competitively priced compared to similar tracking devices on the market. However, it’s worth noting that the AirTag requires additional accessories, such as a keychain or a holder, which may add to the overall cost.
Based on my evaluation from a user’s perspective, as well as considering the unique features, benefits, and drawbacks of the Apple AirTag, I would recommend it to Apple users who are looking for a reliable and seamless tracking solution within the Apple ecosystem.
The Precision Finding feature, long battery life, user-replaceable battery, and integration with the Find My app make it a convenient and efficient option for keeping track of belongings.
Apple Airtag FAQ
What is Apple Airtag?
Apple Airtag is a new product from Apple that helps you keep track of your belongings. It is a small, round device that can be attached to keys, wallets, bags, or other items.
When you lose an item that has an Airtag attached to it, you can use the Find My app on your iPhone to find the item and get directions to its location.
How does Apple Airtag work?
The Find My app uses Bluetooth technology to help you locate your lost belongings. When you mark an item as lost in the app, all of your nearby iPhones will start searching for the item’s Airtag.
The more iPhones that are searching for the Airtag, the easier it will be to find it. If any of those iPhones comes within range of the lost item, they will send a notification to your iPhone with its location.
Can anyone else see my Apple Airtags?
Yes. Anyone else who has an iPhone and the Find My app can see your Apple Airtags if they are within range of them. However, only you will be able to see the location of the tags – no one else will be able to track them.
What are some of the benefits of using Apple Airtag?
Some benefits of using Apple Airtag include:
- Helps you to keep track of your belongings and never lose them again.
- The Find My app uses Bluetooth technology to help you locate your lost belongings.
- If any of those iPhones comes within range of the lost item, they will send a notification to your iPhone with its location.
- Only you will be able to see the location of the tags
- no one else will be able to track them.
Apple Airtag Review, Price, Deals 2023
- This product is available at Mano Mano FR, Venue Marketplace, Jumia.
- At shopzilla.fr you can purchase Airtag Dog Collar Holder (2 Pack) for only $21.41 , which is 100% less than the cost in Jumia (₦113,999.00).
- The lowest price of Airtag 4 Pack - Bluetooth Tracker was obtained on November 26, 2023 6:43 pm.