Are you looking for a new smart TV to upgrade your entertainment experience? Do you want to enjoy the latest features and technologies that smart TVs offer? If yes, then you are in the right place.
In this article, I will show you the best smart TVs in Nigeria for 2024, based on their performance, design, features, and price. I will also give you some tips on how to choose the right smart TV for your needs and budget.
But first, what is a smart TV and why do you need one?
What is a smart TV and why do you need one?
A smart TV is a television that can connect to the internet and run various apps, such as Netflix, YouTube, DSTV Now, etc. A smart TV can also stream content from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. A smart TV can also support voice control, artificial intelligence, and other advanced features that make your viewing experience more convenient and enjoyable.
A smart TV can offer you many benefits, such as:
- Access to a wide range of online content, such as movies, shows, music, games, news, etc.
- Ability to watch content in high-definition (HD), ultra-high-definition (UHD), or 4K resolution, which enhances the picture quality and clarity.
- Ability to use your smart TV as a hub for your smart home devices, such as lights, speakers, cameras, etc.
- Ability to customize your smart TV settings according to your preferences and needs.
- Ability to save money on cable or satellite subscriptions by using online streaming services instead.
However, not all smart TVs are created equal.
There are many factors that you need to consider before buying a smart TV, such as:
- The size of the screen and the resolution
- The operating system and the user interface
- The number and type of ports and connections
- The sound quality and the speakers
- The design and the aesthetics
- The price and the warranty
To help you make an informed decision, I have compiled a list of the best smart TVs in Nigeria for 2024, based on their features, performance, design, and price. I have also included links to useful resources and multiple sellers where you can buy these smart TVs online.
List of the best Smart TV in Nigeria with Price for 2024
Hisense 50A Smart UHD 4K TV
The Hisense 50A is the perfect TV for busy families. Its 4K UHD resolution will wow you with its clarity and detail.
You’ll love its Bluetooth capabilities, so you can easily stream your favourite shows and movies from Netflix, YouTube and more.
And for added convenience, there are HDMI and USB ports so you can easily connect your gaming console or other devices.
The 50A has a built-in AV receiver, so you can easily enjoy your favourite movies and TV shows. And with its intelligent features, you can easily manage everything from your settings to your recordings.
- Crisp, clear picture quality: The 50A Smart UHD 4K TV from Hisense has excellent picture quality, thanks to its 4K resolution.
- Vibrant, accurate colours: The 50A Smart UHD 4K TV colours are also very accurate and vibrant, making for a great viewing experience.
- Smart features: The 50A Smart UHD 4K TV comes with several smart features, including built-in Wi-Fi, a web browser, and access to streaming apps like Netflix and Hulu.
- Affordable: The 50A Smart UHD 4K TV is affordable for a 4K TV, making it an excellent option for budget-conscious shoppers.
- Limited viewing angles: The 50A Smart UHD 4K TV has limited viewing angles, so it may not be the best option for large rooms or groups of people.
- Noisy: The 50A Smart UHD 4K TV can be quite noisy, especially when watching action movies or shows with many sound effects.
- Samsung QN65Q70RAFXZA 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV: This TV boasts stunning 4K resolution and a sleek, modern design. With built-in smart capabilities and a variety of streaming options, this TV is the perfect choice for any home.
- LG OLED55CXPUA 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED TV: This TV offers stunning picture quality thanks to its OLED technology and 4K resolution. It also has built-in smart capabilities, including access to streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu.
- Sony XBR-55A8H 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart BRAVIA OLED TV: This TV offers a high-quality viewing experience with its 4K resolution and OLED technology. It also has built-in smart capabilities, including access to popular streaming services.
|4K Ultra HD
|4K Ultra HD
|4K Ultra HD
Best Smart TV in Nigeria
TCL 65P725 4K Smart TV
When it comes to TVs, there are a lot of different choices to be made. Maybe you’re looking for a big screen to watch your favourite shows, or perhaps you’re looking for a slim and affordable way to upgrade your old TV. Whatever your reasons, the TCL 65P725 4K Smart TV is perfect for you.
This TV is sleek and slim and comes with an impressive 4K HDR display. You’ll be able to watch all your favourite shows and movies in stunning detail, and you’ll also be able to experience true colours and deep blacks thanks to the TV’s HDR10 support.
In addition to its excellent display, the TCL 65P725 4K Smart TV also comes with several other features and specifications that make it a perfect choice for anyone looking for a smart TV. For example, the TV features an Android R operating system, which means you can access a wealth of content and apps from your phone or tablet. Plus, the TV comes with Dolby Vision and Atmos support so that you can experience immersive sound effects and high-quality audio tracks.
If you’re looking for a slim, affordable 4K HDR TV with all the features you need, then the TCL 65P725 4K Smart TV is worth considering. With a one-year warranty, you can be confident that this TV will last longer and provide you with years of great entertainment.
- Amazing picture quality: The 4K resolution and HDR support on the TCL 65P725 results in an incredibly detailed and vibrant picture.
- Excellent value for money: The TCL 65P725 is one of the most affordable 4K TVs on the market, making it an ideal option for budget-conscious shoppers.
- Roku smart platform: The Roku platform is highly user-friendly and gives you access to a wide range of streaming content.
- Bluetooth support: The TCL 65P725 has built-in Bluetooth support, making it easy to connect to external speakers or headphones.
- Simple setup: The TCL 65P725 is very easy to set up, even if you’re not particularly tech-savvy.
- Limited viewing angles: The TCL 65P725 TV has narrow viewing angles, meaning the picture quality will deteriorate if you’re not watching from the dead centre.
- Lack of local dimming: It does not have local dimming, so it isn’t great for dark rooms.
Infinix 32” Inch Smart Android TV
Infinix’s 32X1 Android TV is a sleek, black display with a full HD resolution. It comes with the latest Google Android 9.0 operating system and is powered by a powerful 64-bit processor. The Infinix 32X1 also has UHD resolution support, Dolby Audio support, and a 50/60Hz refresh rate.
It comes with an HDMI, ethernet, and USB port. The Infinix 32X1 is perfect for streaming your favourite shows and movies, thanks to its built-in Youtube and Netflix apps and Prime video.
- Large screen size: The Infinix 32” Inch Smart Android TV has a large screen size, making it great for watching movies and TV shows.
- Smart features: The TV is equipped with smart features, such as connecting to the internet and accessing apps.
- Affordable: The Infinix 32” TV is affordable, making it an excellent option for budget-conscious consumers.
- Easy to set up: The TV is easy to set up, so you’ll be able to start using it right away.
- Good sound quality: The Infinix 32″ Inch Smart Android TV features excellent sound, making it a good pick for watching movies and TV shows.
- Limited app selection: The Infinix Android TV has a limited selection of apps, so you may not be able to find everything you’re looking for.
- Not one of the most popular brands: Infinix is not one of the most popular brands, so you may be unable to find as many accessories and support options as you would with a more well-known brand.
Syinix 32 Inch LED Digital TV
The Syinix 32 Inch LED Digital TV Panel is an excellent option for those looking for a high-quality, affordable TV.
This TV features a resolution of 1336×768 and a viewing angle of 178/178 degrees. It also has a brightness of 180 and a contrast ratio of 3000:1.
It can also connect to the internet through 1 RF/2 HDMI/2 USB/1 AV in/1 VGA/1 Earphone/1 Coaxial.
The TV also features two speakers, which make it perfect for enjoying your favourite shows and movies. The TV also has a power consumption of 48W and a dimension of 77.4×10.7×48.8 inches.
- Affordable: The Syinix 32 Inch LED Digital TV is affordable, making it an excellent option for budget-conscious consumers.
- Clear picture: Offers a clear and crisp picture, thanks to its LED display.
- Energy efficient: Designed to be energy efficient so that it won’t add too much to your monthly electricity bill.
- User-friendly: Easy to set up and use, so you can start watching your favourite shows and movies immediately.
- Space-saving: The TV is compact and lightweight so it won’t take up too much space in your home.
- Limited features: Does not have many features, so it might not be the best option for users who want a lot of bells and whistles.
- No HD: The TV does not support HD, so you’ll miss out on the benefits of HD content.
- No smart TV capabilities: No smart TV capabilities, so you’ll miss out on features like streaming and apps.
How much is Smart TV
A smart TV is a television that is connected to the internet and has advanced features such as a built-in camera, voice recognition, and the ability to stream content from various sources. Smart TVs are becoming increasingly popular in Nigeria as more people have access to high-speed internet and are looking for ways to improve their viewing experience.
While the price of a smart TV may vary depending on the brand and features, they typically range from about ₦60,000 to ₦1,000,000. For many Nigerians, this is a significant investment and one that should be considered carefully before making a purchase.
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a smart TV, such as the type of content you want to watch, the size of the TV, and the budget you have. With so many options on the market, it can be difficult to know where to start. However, by taking the time to do your research and understand your needs, you can find the perfect smart TV for your home.
Quick guide for buying a Television
If you’re in a hurry, here are the most critical considerations before purchasing a television. In our TV buying guide, we go through each of these points in further depth:
- At least four HDMI ports should be available on the TV. If possible, use the more recent HDMI 2.1 standard.
- A sound bar is something you should consider buying a Television. Because of the narrower screens, TV speakers have become worse.
- Look for a TV set that supports HDR: Colors are more realistic, and the contrast is better.
- OLED TVs have a considerably superior appearance to typical LCD TVs: Samsung, Vizio, and TCL’s QLED TVs, on the other hand, represent affordable mid-range TVs.
- Displays and size.
- Look for a refresh rate of 60 Hz or 120 Hz: 60 Hz is acceptable, but 120 Hz is better regarding refresh rates. A faster refresh rate provides improved motion for everything from movies and shows to live sports and gaming.
Who should get this
Smart TVs come with a lot of apps already pre-installed and with an impressive 4K and 8K resolution, free streaming content, and even affordable prices that meet your budget.
Check out our recommendations for the best OLED TVs, best Curved TVs, LG, Samsung, Sony, TCL, Vizio, Philips, and Hisense’s latest models.
Best 240Hz Monitor Competitive Gaming Mon, Feb, 2024
Android tv price in Nigeria
Google created Android TV, a smart TV operating system based on Android for televisions, digital media players, set-top boxes, and soundbars.
- Initial release date: 25 June 2014.
- Original author: Google.
- Developer: Google.
- Package manager: APK via Google Play.
- Latest release: 12 / November 30, 2021; 5 months ago.
Which is better, UHD or LED?
4K UHD LED-backlit TVs (including the latest QLED series from Samsung) are still higher resolution LCD TVs and are called 4K UHD or 4K Ultra HD. A more suitable name is a 4K LCD TV. The gap has narrowed, though OLED TVs are still more costly than good 4K LED TVs.
Features to Consider
When shopping for a smart TV, there are a few key features to keep in mind.
- Resolution: Look for a TV with at least 4K resolution for a stunning picture.
- Smart Capabilities: Make sure the TV has built-in smart capabilities, such as access to streaming services like Netflix and Hulu.
- Size: Consider the size of your room and choose a TV that will fit comfortably in the space.
- Connectivity: Check for multiple HDMI and USB ports, as well as built-in WiFi for easy streaming and connecting to other devices.
- Brand and Model: Research different brands and models to find the one that best suits your needs and budget.
Smart TV Platforms
In addition to the features listed above, it is also important to consider the smart TV platform the TV uses. Some popular smart TV platforms include:
- Samsung Tizen: This platform is used on Samsung smart TVs and offers a variety of streaming options and smart capabilities.
- LG webOS: This platform is used on LG smart TVs and offers a sleek and user-friendly interface.
- Android TV: This platform is used on TVs by a variety of manufacturers and offers access to a wide range of streaming options and apps.
The cost of a smart TV can vary greatly depending on the brand, model, and features. On average, you can expect to pay anywhere from $500 to $2,000 for a high-quality smart TV in Nigeria. However, it’s important to keep in mind that the most expensive option may not necessarily be the best fit for your needs.
Important decision-making factors for smart TVs
Here is a summary of the important decision-making factors and key design choices for smart TVs based on various sources:
- Screen resolution: This determines the picture quality, clarity, and detail of the images on the TV. Higher resolutions, such as 4K (3840 x 2160 pixels), offer better picture quality than lower resolutions, such as HD (1920 x 1080 pixels). However, higher resolutions also require more bandwidth and processing power to stream online content smoothly. For 4K TVs, you need a minimum internet speed of 25 Mbps to stream 4K content.
- Operating system and user interface: This determines the software and features that run on the TV and how you interact with them using the remote or your voice. Different operating systems, such as Android TV, Tizen, webOS, and VIDAA U, offer different ranges of apps and services, as well as different levels of speed, ease-of-use, and compatibility. You want an operating system that is fast, easy-to-use, and compatible with various apps and devices. You also want a user interface that is intuitive, responsive, and customizable.
- Ports and connections: This determines how you can connect your TV with other devices, such as soundbars, game consoles, Blu-ray players, etc. Different ports and connections, such as HDMI, USB, Ethernet, optical audio output, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth, offer different levels of convenience and flexibility. You want a TV that has enough ports and connections for your needs and preferences. You also want a TV that supports wireless connectivity, such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, for more convenience and flexibility.
- Sound quality and speakers: This determines how your TV reproduces audio from various sources, such as movies, shows, music, games, etc. Different sound quality and speakers offer different levels of clarity, balance, and immersion. You want a TV that has good sound quality and speakers for your needs and preferences. You also want a TV that supports advanced audio formats, such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, for more immersive sound experience.
- Design and aesthetics: This determines how your TV looks and feels in terms of shape, color, material, etc. Different design and aesthetics offer different levels of appearance, elegance, and style. You want a TV that has a design and aesthetics that suit your needs and preferences. You also want a TV that has a slim bezel and a thin profile for more screen space and less distraction.
Key design choices and their effects on Users for Smart TVs
- QLED technology: This is a type of display technology that uses quantum dots and LED backlighting to produce stunning picture quality with vivid colors and contrast. QLED technology offers better color accuracy, brightness, and efficiency than conventional LED technology. QLED technology also offers wider viewing angles than OLED technology. However, QLED technology is more expensive than LED technology and does not have local dimming feature that OLED technology has.
- Voice control: This is a feature that allows you to control your TV with your voice using a voice assistant such as Google Assistant or Alexa. Voice control offers more convenience and flexibility than using a remote, as you can use natural language commands to access various apps and features on your TV. Voice control also offers more integration with other smart devices in your home, as you can use your voice to control them through your TV. However, voice control may not always be accurate or reliable, especially in noisy environments or with different accents. Voice control may also pose privacy and security risks, as your voice commands may be recorded or intercepted by third parties.
- Cast content: This is a feature that allows you to cast content from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop to your TV using a wireless connection such as Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Cast content offers more versatility and personalization than using the built-in apps on your TV, as you can access any content that is available on your devices on your TV. Cast content also offers more quality and compatibility than using a cable connection, as you can avoid issues such as resolution mismatch or port unavailability. However, cast content may require additional devices or apps to work properly, such as Chromecast or Anyview Cast. Cast content may also consume more battery and data on your devices than using the built-in apps on your TV.
- HDR technology: This is a type of display technology that enhances the dynamic range and color of the images on the TV. HDR technology offers more realistic and immersive picture quality than standard dynamic range (SDR) technology, as it can produce brighter highlights, darker shadows, and more vibrant colors. HDR technology also offers more compatibility with various content sources, such as streaming services and Blu-ray players, that support HDR formats such as HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, and Dolby Vision. However, HDR technology requires more brightness and contrast than SDR technology, which may affect the lifespan and power consumption of the TV. HDR technology may also vary in performance and quality depending on the TV model and the HDR format.
Benefits and Drawbacks
Here is a summary of the pros and cons of smart TVs based on various sources:
Benefits of smart TVs
- Smart TVs allow you to access a wide range of online content and streaming services directly on your TV, without the need for additional devices such as a streaming stick or game console.
- Smart TVs offer a convenient and integrated way to enjoy all your favorite content in one place, with features such as universal search, voice control, web browsing, social media access, and compatibility with smart home devices.
- Smart TVs offer improved picture and sound quality, with technologies such as 4K resolution, HDR, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, and QLED that enhance the clarity, contrast, color, and immersion of the images and audio.
- Smart TVs are easy to connect and set up, with built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth adapters, Chromecast built-in, and support for various apps and devices.
Drawbacks of smart TVs
- Smart TVs are generally more expensive than traditional TVs, especially for larger models and models with advanced features.
- Smart TVs may experience slow performance, lagging, freezing, or crashing, especially when running multiple apps or accessing online content that requires high bandwidth or processing power.
- Smart TVs may run on limited or outdated operating systems that restrict the range of apps and services available or make them incompatible with newer updates or devices.
- Smart TVs collect data on your viewing habits and internet usage, which may pose privacy and security risks. Smart TVs are also vulnerable to hacking and malware attacks that may compromise your personal information or damage your device.
How to choose the right smart TV for your needs and budget
Now that you have seen the best smart TVs in Nigeria for 2023, you might be wondering how to choose the right one for your needs and budget. Here are some tips to help you make an informed decision:
- Consider the size of the screen and the resolution: The size of the screen depends on your personal preference and the size of your room. Generally, bigger screens offer more immersive viewing experience, but they also cost more and consume more power. The resolution refers to the number of pixels on the screen, which determines the sharpness and clarity of the picture. Generally, higher resolutions offer better picture quality, but they also require more bandwidth and processing power. For 4K TVs, you need a minimum internet speed of 25 Mbps to stream 4K content smoothly.
- Consider the operating system and the user interface: The operating system is the software that runs on your smart TV and allows you to access various apps and features. The user interface is the way you interact with your smart TV using the remote or your voice. Generally, you want an operating system that is fast, easy-to-use, and compatible with various apps and devices. You also want a user interface that is intuitive, responsive, and customizable.
- Consider the number and type of ports and connections: The ports and connections are the ways you can connect your smart TV with other devices, such as soundbars, game consoles, Blu-ray players, etc. Generally, you want a smart TV that has enough ports and connections for your needs and preferences. You also want a smart TV that supports wireless connectivity, such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, for more convenience and flexibility.
- Consider the sound quality and the speakers: The sound quality is the way your smart TV reproduces audio from various sources, such as movies, shows, music, games, etc. The speakers are the devices that produce sound from your smart TV. Generally, you want a smart TV that has good sound quality and speakers for your needs and preferences. You also want a smart TV that supports advanced audio formats, such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, for more immersive sound experience.
- Consider the design and the aesthetics: The design is the way your smart TV looks and feels in terms of shape, color, material, etc. The aesthetics is the way your smart TV fits with your decor and style in terms of appearance, elegance, etc. Generally, you want a smart TV that has a design and aesthetics that suit your needs and preferences. You also want a smart TV that has a slim bezel and a thin profile for more screen space and less distraction.
When it comes to finding the perfect smart TV in Nigeria, there are plenty of options to choose from. Consider your budget, the size of your room, and the features you’re looking for to find the right TV for you. The Samsung QN65Q70RAFXZA, LG OLED55CXPUA, and Sony XBR-55A8H are all excellent choices that offer stunning picture quality and built-in smart capabilities.
In summary, in order to make the best choice for a smart TV in Nigeria, it is important to consider the Resolution, Smart Capabilities, Size, Connectivity, Brand and Model, Smart TV Platforms and cost. With these factors in mind, you can make an informed decision that will provide you with a high-quality viewing experience for years to come.
For the best viewing experience and smart capabilities, we recommend the LG OLED55CXPUA 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED TV.
Useful resources for smart TVs
- How to Choose a Smart TV: Buying Guide
- Smart TV FAQs: Answers to All Your Questions
- How to Set Up Your New Smart TV