The Xfinity approved modems list is an excellent resource for those who want to save money on their monthly bill. The list includes several modems that have been tested and approved by Comcast. While the list is a great resource, there are a few things to remember before making a purchase.
- It’s important to make sure that the modem is compatible with your Comcast Xfinity service.
- It’s important to consider the speed of the modem. While all of the modems on the list are fast, some are faster than others. If you have a higher-speed Comcast Xfinity service, you’ll want to make sure you purchase a modem that can handle that speed.
- It’s essential to consider the price of the modem. While the list includes a variety of prices, some modems are more expensive than others.
Our Pick: Motorola MB8611
If you’re looking for a Comcast Xfinity-approved modem, the Motorola MB8611 is a great option. This modem is compatible with both Comcast’s X1 and X2 networks, so you’ll be able to get the speeds you need to stay connected.
Motorola’s MB8611 cable modem is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a modem that can handle speeds up to 2500 Mbps, making it great for gaming and streaming. This modem has DOCSIS 3.1, so you can enjoy speeds up to 320 Mbps download and 150 Mbps upload.
It also supports 32×8 channel bonding so that you can get the best possible performance from your network. And if you ever have any issues with your modem, Motorola offers a 2-year warranty.
[amazon box=”B08DDFKXKC” template=”table”]
Motorola MB8611 Pros and Cons
- Ultra-fast DOCSIS 3.1 performance
- Pairs with any WiFi router
- Multi-gigabit Ethernet speed
- Extreme cost savings
- Built for reliability
- Fast speeds: The Motorola MB8611 is capable of speeds up to 1.5 Gbps, making it one of the fastest modems on the market.
- Easy to set up: The modem is very easy to set up and use, even for those who are not tech-savvy.
- Affordable: The modem is affordable, especially compared to other high-speed modems.
- Compatible with many providers: The modem is compatible with many broadband providers, making it a good option for those who often switch providers.
- Good customer support: Motorola offers good customer support for the MB8611 in case of any problems with the modem.
- Not compatible with all devices: The modem is not compatible with all devices, so you may not be able to use it with your computer or other devices.
- Limited warranty: The warranty on the Motorola MB8611 is only for one year, which is shorter than the warranties offered by other companies.
- Not widely available: The modem is not widely available and can be challenging to find in stores.
The Six Best Approved Xfinity Compatible Modems for Mon, Feb, 2024
- Motorola’s MB8611 is the best overall.
- Netgear CM2050V is recommended for voice service.
- Motorola MB7220 is the best value option.
- Netgear Nighthawk C7800 is the best value.
- Netgear Nighthawk CAX80 is the best performer.
- Motorola MT8733 is the best phone for voice service.
- Motorola’s MG7540 is the best value option.
If you’re in the market for a cable modem that can handle speeds of up to 1200 Mbps, the Netgear CM2050V should be at the top of your list. This device is specifically designed for use with Comcast Xfinity, and it comes with a lot of impressive features, including:
- A channel capacity of 32×8, meaning that it can handle up to 256 simultaneous connections
- DOCSIS 3.1 support, meaning that it can handle the latest and fastest internet speeds
- A 1-year warranty
If you’re looking for a cable modem that can handle high-speed internet connections, the Netgear CM2050V is an excellent option.
[amazon box=”B01N7LXR0W” template=”table”]
- Built for the Fastest Multi-Gig Speeds
- Works with any WIFI Router, Best with WIFI 6
- Voice Phone Support
- Multi-Gig Ethernet
- Save Monthly Rental Fees
- Modem Technology
Netgear CM2050V Pros and Cons
- The Netgear CM2050V is a high-speed and reliable DOCSIS 3.1 modem.
- It has 32×8 channel bonding for increased speeds.
- It is compatible with major US cable providers.
- It has a two-year warranty.
- It is relatively affordable.
- The Netgear CM2050V is not a Wi-Fi router, so you’ll need to purchase a separate router if you want to connect wirelessly to the Internet.
- It is not compatible with all cable providers.
- It does not have a built-in battery, so you’ll need to plug it into an outlet to use it.
- The warranty is only valid in the United States and Canada.
The Motorola MB7220 8×4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem is certified by Comcast XFINITY, Time Warner Cable, Cox, BrightHouse, and other leading cable service providers for modem ownership programs to save rental charges of $120 or more per year. Setup is fast and easy with a few quick steps in a Quick Start guide.
Experienced USA-based customer support specialists are there to help if you need them. The attractive, compact design minimizes shelf space, improves cooling, and extends product life while looking great in any room.
[amazon box=”B019ZY1ZWS” template=”table”]
- This 8×4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem provides up to 343 Mbps, eight times faster than DOCSIS 2.0.
- The cable modem’s Ethernet port connects to a computer, HDTV, game station, or wireless router.
- Requires cable Internet service.
- Setup is fast and easy with a few quick steps in a Quick Start guide.
- Attractive, compact design minimizes shelf space, improves cooling, and extends product life while looking great in any home or office.
Motorola MB7220 Pros and Cons
- Fastest modem available: The Motorola MB7220 is the fastest modem available on the market, so you’ll be able to get online quickly and easily.
- Easy to set up: The modem is very easy, even if you’re not a tech expert.
- No monthly rental fees: You won’t have to pay any monthly rental fees for the modem, which can save you a lot of money in the long run.
- Compatible with most major ISPs: The modem is compatible with most major ISPs, so you’ll be able to use it with your current internet service provider.
- Requires a cable connection: The modem requires a cable connection, so it’s not a good option if you don’t have access to a cable line.
- Not compatible with all devices: The modem is not compatible with all devices, so you’ll need to check compatibility before you purchase it.
- Can be expensive: The modem can be expensive, especially if you need to purchase a router as well.
Netgear Nighthawk C7800
The Netgear Nighthawk C7800 is an excellent modem for those who want to upgrade from their cable modem. It is certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps) and Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Future speeds with these service providers may change over time, but this modem is now compatible with all major cable providers.
Additionally, this modem replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router, saving you money on rental fees. The Nighthawk C7800 also has four Gigabit Ethernet ports and two high-speed USB 3.0 ports, so you can easily connect your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices. With this great modem, you’ll get up to 3000 square feet of wireless coverage and 45 devices connected at AC3200 speed (up to 3200 Mbps).
[amazon box=”B07SHK2241″ template=”table”]
- Compatible with all significant cable internet providers and offering speeds of up to 1 GB per second.
- You may save up to $168 per year in equipment rental costs by replacing your cable modem and Wi-Fi router with the Model C7800.
- Get wireless coverage of up to 3000 square feet, and connect 45 devices at AC3200 speed (up to 3200 Mbps).
- You can quickly connect your computer, printer, gaming console, storage drive, and other devices with the help of four Gigabit Ethernet ports and two high-speed USB 3.0 connectors.
- DOCSIS 3.1 and 32×8 channel bonding were used in the modem’s engineering.
Netgear Nighthawk C7800 Pros and Cons
- Fast speeds: The Netgear Nighthawk C7800 offers very fast speeds, making it ideal for gaming, streaming, and other high-bandwidth activities.
- Easy to set up: The Nighthawk C7800 is easy to set up and use, even for those who are not tech-savvy.
- Reliable: The Nighthawk C7800 is a very reliable router, with few issues reported by users.
- Good range: The Nighthawk C7800 has a good range, so you’ll be able to enjoy strong signals even if you’re not close to the router.
- Expensive: The Netgear Nighthawk C7800 is one of the more expensive routers on the market.
- Requires two power outlets: The Nighthawk C7800 requires two power outlets, which can be inconvenient for some users.
- Can be difficult to set up for some users: Some users have reported that the Nighthawk C7800 can be difficult to set up, particularly if you are not familiar with routers.
Netgear Nighthawk CAX80
When it comes to WiFi, there are a few names that are synonymous with quality and performance. Netgear is one of these names, and the company has always been a powerhouse in the WiFi industry. Recently, they’ve released their newest product, the Netgear Nighthawk CAX80.
The Nighthawk CAX80 is a powerful router built for the next generation of WiFi. It supports WiFi 6 and DOCSIS 3.1, the latest WiFi standards. This router also has ultra-fast speeds, which means you’ll be able to download files and stream videos quickly and smoothly.
The CAX80 is also compatible with a wide range of service providers. This means you’ll be able to use it with any significant provider, no matter their WiFi specifications. Additionally, the router has a multi-gig experience, which means you’ll be able to stream multiple videos and files simultaneously without any problems.
A powerful dual-core processor powers this Modem/Router. This means it can handle your online traffic quickly and efficiently. In addition, the router comes with a lifetime warranty, which means you can be sure that you’ll be able to use it for a long time.
[amazon box=”B082XW53G3″ template=”table”]
- Built for WiFi 6 and DOCSIS 3.1
- Ultra-Fast Speeds
- Next-Generation DOCSIS 3.1
- Compatible with Major Service Providers
- Multi-Gig Experience
- Powerful Dual-Core Processor
Netgear Nighthawk CAX80 Pros and Cons
- Affordable: The Netgear Nighthawk CAX80 is one of the most affordable routers on the market, making it a great option for budget-conscious shoppers.
- Easy to set up: The router is very easy to set up, even for those who are not tech-savvy.
- Fast speeds: The Netgear Nighthawk CAX80 offers fast speeds, making it ideal for gaming, streaming, and other high-bandwidth activities.
- Reliable: The router is very reliable and has a low chance of disconnecting or experiencing other issues.
- Good range: The Netgear Nighthawk CAX80 has a good range, allowing it to cover a large area.
- Not compatible with all devices: The Netgear Nighthawk CAX80 is not compatible with all devices, so you may need to purchase a separate router if you have a device that is not compatible.
- Can be difficult to set up: The router can be difficult to set up for those who are not tech-savvy.
- May experience a slowdown with high-bandwidth activities: The router may experience a slowdown with gaming, streaming, and other high-bandwidth activities.
- Not as reliable as some other routers: The Netgear Nighthawk CAX80 is not as reliable as some other routers on the market.
- Does not have the best range: The Netgear Nighthawk CAX80 does not have the best range, so it may not be able to cover a large area.
Regarding modem choices, Comcast Xfinity customers have a lot of variety. Whether you’re looking for a modem that will support your current internet and voice service, or something with more advanced capabilities, there’s a perfect modem for you.
One modem that’s been gaining a lot of popularity with Comcast Xfinity customers is the Motorola MT8733. This modem is compatible with Xfinity Internet & Voice service and features speeds of up to 1Gbps. The MT8733 features ultrafast AX6000 WiFi performance (WiFi 6), making it ideal for high-speed streaming and gaming.
The Motorola MT8733 also comes with a smart mobile app. This app allows you to manage your internet and voice service and find the best deals and offers available from Comcast Xfinity. So whether you’re looking for a modem that will support your current service or something with more advanced capabilities, the Motorola MT8733 is an excellent option for Comcast Xfinity customers.
[amazon box=”B09HL4RLRV” template=”table”]
- Compatible with Xfinity Internet & Voice service.
- Multi-gigabit Internet speed.
- Ultra Fast AX6000 WiFi Performance (WiFi 6) provides incredible speeds.
- Smart mobile app.
Motorola MT8733 Pros and Cons
- Excellent data speeds: The Motorola MT8733 modem provides excellent data speeds, making it perfect for streaming, gaming, and other high-bandwidth activities.
- Stable connection: The modem is very stable, meaning you won’t have to deal with dropped connections or other stability issues.
- Easy to set up: The modem is very easy to set up and use, even for those who are not particularly tech-savvy.
- Affordable: The modem is very affordable, making it a great option for those on a budget.
- Limited range: The modem’s range is somewhat limited, so it may not be ideal for large homes or offices.
Do you have a large house with many walls, or do you frequently travel and need a cable modem and router that you can take with you? If so, the Motorola MG7540 16×4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem and built-in AC1600 WiFi router may be the perfect solution.
The Motorola MG7540 is Approved by Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, BrightHouse, WOW., CableOne, RCN, Mediacom, and other cable service providers. This means that the modem is compatible with most cable providers in the United States.
Additionally, the modem has been tested and proven to work with many WiFi devices, including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, game stations, HDTVs, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and AppleTV.
The router has built-in high-speed WiFi that allows you to access the Internet for your WiFi devices. The router can also work on WiFi DFS frequencies, which means it is much less vulnerable to WiFi interference from neighbors.
The Motorola MG7540 is a great way to consolidate your cable modem and router into one device. It is easy to use and provides a reliable connection.
[amazon box=”B01MSTB5KW” template=”table”]
- Downloads 16 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0
- 16×4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem
- 4 upstream channels for speeds up to 123 Mbps
- 16 downstream channels for speeds up to 686 Mbps
- Works with DOCSIS 3.0, 2.0, and 1.1 services
- Full-Band Capture digital tuner for even higher speeds and a faster, more reliable Internet
- On-board direct connection to a built-in Wi-Fi gigabit router
Motorola MG7540 Pros and Cons
- Affordable: The Motorola MG7540 is one of the most affordable modems on the market, making it a great option for budget-conscious consumers.
- Easy to use: The MG7540 is very easy to set up and use, even for those who are not tech-savvy.
- Fast speeds: This modem offers fast speeds, so you’ll be able to enjoy smooth streaming and downloads.
- Reliable: The MG7540 is a very reliable modem, so you won’t have to worry about it losing connection or dropping signal.
- Limited compatibility: This modem is not compatible with all internet providers, so be sure to check before you buy.
What to Consider Before Getting a Comcast Xfinity Modem
If you’re in the market for a new modem, consider a few things before making your purchase. Here are four key things to consider.
Modem/Router Combo Vs. Separate Devices
When it comes to modems and routers, there are a few things you need to take into account before deciding on which to purchase. The first is whether you want to buy a combo device or two separate units.
There are a few benefits to buying a combo device. The most obvious is that it will save you money since you only buy one unit instead of two. Another benefit is that it’s more convenient since you don’t have to worry about setting up and connecting two devices.
There are also a few benefits to buying separate devices. One is that you may perform better since you can choose separate devices designed for specific tasks. For example, you can get a router that’s designed for gaming if you’re a gamer. Another benefit is that you can upgrade your devices separately. For example, if you want to upgrade your router, you don’t have to replace your modem.
So, what’s the verdict? Ultimately, it depends on your specific needs and budget. If you want the convenience of a combo device and you’re not worried about performance, then a combo device is a good choice. Two separate devices are the best option if you’re willing to spend a bit more and want the best performance possible.
One of the most important factors to consider when choosing a modem is the speed of the connection it will provide. Comcast provides various speeds for its customers, so it’s important to choose the one that best suits your needs.
DOCSIS 3.0 is the latest version of the Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification, quickly becoming the new standard for cable Internet providers.
DOCSIS is a communications standard that allows for the delivery of high-speed internet over existing cable TV lines. It is a critical technology that has enabled the widespread adoption of high-speed internet access.
While DOCSIS is most commonly associated with high-speed internet access, it also has other applications.
For example, it can be used for voice over IP (VoIP) and for the delivery of video services. In addition, DOCSIS is also used for cable television service and the delivery of other data services.
While DOCSIS is most commonly associated with high-speed internet access, it also has other applications. For example, it can be used for voice over IP (VoIP). In addition, DOCSIS is also used for cable television service and the delivery of other data services.
The last thing you want is to find yourself without internet connectivity, so it’s important to ensure you have a good Comcast Xfinity modem. One of the things you’ll want to consider is whether you want a DOCSIS 3.0 or 3.1 modem. DOCSIS 3.0 is the current standard and is more than adequate for most people’s needs. However, if you have 4K Ultra HD content that you want to stream, you’ll need a DOCSIS 3.1 modem to get the fastest speeds possible.
Another thing to consider is how easy the modem is to use. Some modems have many issues that can be confusing to set up and use. If you’re not tech-savvy, you’ll want to choose a modem that is easy to set up and use.
Channel bonding is an essential factor to consider before getting a Comcast Xfinity modem. Channel bonding combines multiple channels into one, which can theoretically double or even triple your internet speed. While some modems only have two channels and others have up to eight, not all are considered equal. If you’re looking for the fastest possible speeds, you’ll want to ensure you get a modem with at least four channels.
Another consideration is that not all internet providers offer the same speeds. Comcast Xfinity offers some of the fastest speeds in the business, but other providers can offer even faster speeds. If you’re looking for the absolute fastest possible speeds, you’ll want to research all of your options before making a decision.
Finally, keep in mind that the speed advertised by your internet provider is not always the speed you’ll get. Many factors can affect your internet speeds, including the time of day, the number of people using your connection, and even the weather. If you’re looking for the absolute fastest speeds possible, you may need to experiment with different times of day and different locations.
It’s important to make sure that the modem you buy is compatible with your Comcast service. For example, if you’re purchasing a modem for a gaming console, you’ll need to ensure that the modem is compatible with that specific device.
Compatible with Comcast Xfinity
Before shopping for a new Comcast Xfinity modem, check to see if the one you have is compatible with your current Internet package. If it’s not, you may be stuck with a lower speed than you’re paying for.
The type of Internet connection you have
Comcast Xfinity offers two different types of Internet service: cable and fiber. The type of modem you need depends on which service you have. Cable modems are the most common, but if you have fiber, you’ll need a fiber modem.
The speed of your Internet connection
The speed of your Internet connection is determined by the type of modem you have and the service you’re using. You can get up to 50 Mbps if you have a cable modem. You can get up to 1 Gbps if you have a fiber modem.
The size of your home
If you live in a small home, you probably won’t need a modem with many features. But if you live in a large home, you might consider a modem with dual-band capabilities to connect more devices simultaneously.
Modems range in price from around $60 to $200. The price depends on the features, and The best way to figure out which modem is suitable for you is to consult with a Comcast Xfinity representative. They can help you choose the suitable modem for your specific needs and budget.
Wireless vs. Cable
Another important factor to consider is whether you want a wireless or cable connection modem. Wireless modems are faster, but they may not be compatible with all devices. Cable modems are more likely compatible with more devices but may be less fast than wireless modems.
Finally, price is one of the most significant factors when choosing a modem. Comcast offers various modems with different features, so it’s essential to find one that fits your needs and budget.
If you’re looking for a Comcast Xfinity modem, you’ll want to keep a few things in mind. First, you’ll need to decide if you want a Voice or Data modem. Voice modems are required if you want to use Comcast Xfinity Voice service, which includes features like caller ID, call waiting, and voicemail. Data modems, on the other hand, are for the internet only.
Once you’ve decided which type of modem you need, you’ll need to choose a model. There are a few options; the right one for you will depend on your needs and budget.
How To Set Up a Comcast Modem
There are a few things you need to know before you set up your Comcast modem.
- You need to find a location for your modem where there is a clear line of sight to the street and where the modem will not be in the way of any foot traffic.
- You need to gather all of the required cables and adapters.
- You need to have your account information handy so that you can register your modem.
- You need to be aware of any potential problems that might occur during the setup process.
Once you have found a suitable location for your modem, you will need to gather the following items:
- Ethernet cable
- Coaxial cable
- Power adapter
If you have all of the above items, then you are ready to begin the setup process.
- Connect the coaxial cable to the “Coax” port on the back of the modem.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the “Ethernet” port on the back of the modem.
- Plug the power adapter into the “Power” port on the back of the modem.
- The final step is to register your modem with Comcast.
Once you have registered your modem, you will be able to enjoy the benefits of having a high-speed Internet connection. However, there are a few things you should be aware of. First, your modem may need to be reset from time to time. Second, you may experience occasional interruptions in your service. And third, your modem may not work properly if it is not properly configured.
If you follow the steps outlined above, you should be able to set up your Comcast modem without any problems. However, if you do experience any difficulties, you can always contact Comcast customer service for assistance.
Why Get a Comcast Xfinity Approved Modem
When it comes to your home internet, you want to make sure you have the best possible connection and the best possible device. That’s why, when choosing a modem, you should always go with a Comcast Xfinity approved modem. Comcast Xfinity is one of the leading providers of high-speed internet in the United States, and their approval means that your modem will work perfectly with their service.
In addition to a great connection, you’ll also get the benefit of having the latest and greatest technology. New modems are constantly being released, and Comcast Xfinity always has the latest models available for their customers.
Xfinity modems and gateways FAQs
Can I use my modem with Comcast?
The answer is yes! I’ll always recommend using a Comcast-approved modem for optimal performance, but any DOCSIS 3.0 modem should work.
Does Comcast (Xfinity) sell modems?
Comcast sells modems through approved third-party equipment for Xfinity Internet and Xfinity Voice. However, they also offer a modem rental service. For a monthly fee, you can rent a Comcast modem from them. This service includes a wireless gateway, which gives you access to their Xfinity WiFi hotspots.
My third-party modem doesn’t work with Comcast Xfinity. What should I do?
If you’re a Comcast Xfinity customer and you’re having trouble with your third-party modem, you can do a few things. You can try resetting your modem, or you can try updating your firmware. If those things don’t work, you can always try calling Comcast customer service.
What is the best modem for Comcast Xfinity?
The Motorola MB8611 is an excellent modem for Comcast Xfinity. It’s fast and reliable and has several features that make it an excellent choice for Comcast Xfinity users.
One of the best things about the Motorola MB8611 is its compatibility with many devices. Whether you’re using a computer, a smartphone, or a tablet, you’ll be able to connect to the internet with this modem. It’s also compatible with a wide range of routers, so you’ll be able to get the best possible speeds.
Another great thing about the Motorola MB8611 is that it’s very easy to set up. You’ll be able to get online in no time, and you’ll be able to start using all of the features that Comcast Xfinity offers.
If you’re looking for an excellent modem for Comcast Xfinity, the Motorola MB8611 is a great choice. It’s fast, reliable, easy to use, and compatible with many devices.
How do I check if Comcast Xfinity doesn’t support my equipment?
One way to check if a piece of equipment isn’t supported with Comcast Xfinity is to look at the list of compatible devices on their website. This list is constantly updated as new devices are released, so it may not be supported if a device isn’t listed. Another way to check is to call customer support and ask them directly. They will be able to tell you if a particular piece of equipment is supported or not.
There are a few reasons why Comcast Xfinity might not support a device. One reason is that the equipment is not compatible with their network. Another reason is that Comcast Xfinity does not approve the device. If a piece of device is not approved, it has not been tested by Comcast Xfinity, and they cannot guarantee that it will work with their services.
If you have a piece of equipment that Comcast Xfinity doesn’t support, you can do a few things. One option is to try and find a different provider that does support the equipment. Another option is to find a workaround, such as connecting the equipment to a different device that is supported. Finally, you could also contact the equipment manufacturer and ask if they have any suggestions.
Can I use Third-party modems with Comcast Gigabit internet?
Yes, you can use third-party modems with Comcast Gigabit internet. If you’re looking for a modem that will work with Comcast’s Gigabit internet service, we recommend the Motorola MB8600. The MB8600 is a DOCSIS 3.1 modem that’s compatible with a wide variety of ISPs, including Comcast.
My Xfinity internet is slow; what can I do to increase it?
You can do a few things to increase your Xfinity internet speed. One is to upgrade your equipment. If you have an old modem, upgrading to a new one could make a big difference.
Another is to upgrade your service. Xfinity offers different service tiers, and upgrading to a higher tier could give you a significant speed boost. Finally, you can try troubleshooting your connection.
This involves ensuring all your cables are correctly connected and eliminating potential interference. If you follow these steps, you should significantly improve your Xfinity internet speed.