If you’re a current Xfinity customer, the process of switching to Xfinity Mobile is easy. All you have to do is sign up for the service through the MyAccount app or online, and then activate your phone.
If you’re not currently an Xfinity customer, you’ll need to switch your home services to Xfinity before signing up for Mobile.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to switching to Xfinity Mobile:
- First, you’ll need to sign up for an Xfinity account if you don’t already have one. You can do this online or in-person at your local Comcast office.
- Once you have an account, you can either activate your own device or purchase a new one through Comcast. If you’re activating your own device, just make sure it’s compatible with the Xfinity Mobile network before you begin the process.
- Once your device is activated, you’ll need to download the My Account app from the App Store or Google Play so you can manage your account on the go.
- That’s it! You’re now ready to start saving with Xfinity Mobile!
Is Xfinity Mobile Good?
If you’re a fan of Comcast and you have Xfinity Internet service, then Xfinity Mobile is definitely worth considering as your next cell phone carrier.
With Xfinity Mobile, you get unlimited talk and text, and your data allowance is determined by your home Internet speed.
So if you have Comcast’s fastest Internet plan, you’ll also get the best possible data speeds with Xfinity Mobile — up to 5G or 4G LTE. Plus, there are no annual contracts or early termination fees to worry about with Xfinity Mobile.
You can either pay for your service on a month-to-month basis or prepay for it in advance at a discounted rate. And since Xfinity Mobile uses the Verizon Wireless network, you’ll be able to enjoy coverage virtually anywhere in the United States.
So if you’re looking for a new cell phone carrier and you already have Comcast Internet service, be sure to check out Xfinity Mobile — it could very well be the perfect solution for you.
Pros and Cons of Switching to Xfinity Mobile
If you’re considering switching to Xfinity Mobile, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
On the plus side, Xfinity Mobile offers some great features, like unlimited talk and text and no contracts. Plus, if you have Xfinity Internet service, you can get up to five lines of Xfinity Mobile service for free.
On the downside, there are a few things to be aware of. First, while Xfinity Mobile offers unlimited talk and text, it only includes 5GB of LTE data per line. If you go over that amount, your data speeds will be slowed down significantly.
Additionally, Xfinity Mobile does not offer any international calling or texting plans, so if you travel outside the US frequently, this may not be the right choice for you.
Finally, Xfinity Mobile is only available to Comcast customers in select markets.
So what’s the bottom line? If you’re a Comcast customer in one of the eligible markets and don’t mind sticking to 5GB of data per line, Xfinity Mobile could be a great option for you. Just be aware of the potential downsides before making the switch.
How to Switch Phones on Xfinity Mobile
If you’re switching to Xfinity Mobile and bringing your own device, you’ll need to activate it before you can start using it. Here’s how:
- Make sure your device is compatible with the Xfinity Mobile network.
- Power off your device.
- Replace your current SIM card with the Xfinity Mobile SIM card included in your welcome kit.
- Turn on your device and wait for it to connect to the network.
- You should see “Xfinity Mobile” or a signal strength indicator near the top of your screen. If you don’t, go to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks and make sure “Xfinity Mobile” is selected as the network operator.
- Once you’re connected, open the pre-installed My Account app (or download it from Google Play if you’re using an Android device) and log in with your Xfinity ID and password.
- If prompted, follow the prompts to add a line of service; otherwise, select Add a Line under Add Services in the sidebar menu, then follow the prompts.
- If you’re switching from another carrier, you’ll need to contact them to cancel service and request an unlock for your phone if necessary—you can’t do this directly through Xfinity Mobile.
Why You Should Switch to Xfinity Mobile
- Xfinity Mobile is a cell phone service that’s offered by the cable and internet company Comcast.
- Xfinity Mobile uses a 5G, 4G LTE network, and customers can choose between two data plans: an unlimited data plan or a pay-as-you-go plan.
- There are no contracts with Xfinity Mobile, and customers can bring their own phone or buy a new one from Comcast.
With Xfinity Mobile Deals, you can get unlimited talk and text without having to worry about overage charges. Plus, you’ll have access to millions of WiFi hotspots nationwide.
And if you need more data, you can always add it on with our flexible data plans. So why wait? Switch to Xfinity Mobile today and start saving. You’ll be glad you did.
Xfinity Mobile Stores
Xfinity Mobile stores are available in select Comcast facilities, as well as some retail locations such as Best Buy. If you’re looking for an Xfinity Mobile store, the best place to start is by checking your local Comcast store.
You can also find an Xfinity Mobile store at some Best Buy locations. To find the nearest store, simply use the Store Locator tool on the Xfinity Mobile website.
When visiting an Xfinity Mobile store, you can expect to receive expert advice on choosing the right wireless plan for your needs. You’ll also be able to take advantage of exclusive deals and promotions and get your questions answered by knowledgeable staff.
What Networks Does Xfinity Mobile Use
Xfinity Mobile uses a combination of Verizon’s 4G LTE network and Comcast’s 16 million WiFi hotspots to provide service.
Xfinity Mobile customers have access to the same great coverage as Verizon customers, but with the added bonus of free WiFi calling and texting when they connect to one of Comcast’s hotspots.
The use of both networks ensures that Xfinity Mobile customers always have a reliable connection, no matter where they are.
In addition, Xfinity Mobile offers a variety of features that are designed to save customers money, such as the ability to customize their data usage and the option to pay only for the data they use each month.
Xfinity Mobile is a great choice for anyone who wants reliable coverage at an affordable price. With the added benefit of free WiFi calling and texting, it’s a perfect option for those who want to save on their mobile phone bill each month.
What is Xfinity Help Number?
If you need help with your Xfinity service, you can call the Xfinity Help Number at 1-800-XFINITY. The Xfinity Help Number is a toll-free number that you can call to speak to a customer service representative. The customer service representative will be able to help you with any questions or issues that you may have.