Optus is a telecommunications company that provides services to over 8 million customers across the country. They offer mobile, broadband, fixed line, and pay TV services.
They also offer promotional rates for some of these services. Optus has been a provider for the Australian Government for the past 25 years and has been the exclusive distributor for Apple’s iPhone in Australia.
Optus offers a wide variety of products and services, including mobile phone plans, home phone plans, broadband plans, and TV packages. They have something to suit everyone’s needs, whether you’re a light user or a heavy user. Optus also has great deals on international calls and roaming charges.
Optus has excellent customer service, and they are always willing to help you with any problems you may have.
Their staff are knowledgeable and friendly, and they will go out of their way to help you. Optus is a great choice for anyone looking for a new phone plan or broadband plan.
Optus Webmail is an email service provided by the Australian telecommunications company Optus. It is available to Optus customers and former customers who have opted to keep their Optus email addresses.
The service provides users with a @optusnet.com.au email address and access to an online webmail portal where they can read and compose emails. Users can also access their Optus Webmail account through a third-party email client such as Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail, or Mozilla Thunderbird using the IMAP protocol.
Optus Webmail offers a number of features including support for file attachments, spam filtering, virus scanning, and archiving of emails. The service also provides each user with 2 GB of storage space for their emails.
Advantages of using Optus (Pros)
There are many advantages to using Optus as your mobile service provider.
- Perhaps the most obvious benefit is that they offer very competitive prices on both mobile plans and handsets.
- In addition, they have a wide range of phone models and plans to choose from, so you can find the perfect match for your needs.
- Another advantage of Optus is that their coverage is very good, particularly in rural areas.
- Finally, they offer excellent customer service, which can be very helpful if you ever run into any problems with your service.
Disadvantages of using Optus (Cons)
While Optus does offer some advantages, there are also a few disadvantages to consider.
- One downside is that their customer service representatives are often located overseas, which can make it difficult to understand them and get the help you need.
- In addition, Optus has been known to be slow in resolving issues, which can be frustrating if you’re experiencing problems with your service.
- Finally, their coverage isn’t always reliable, so you may find yourself without service at times.
Optus offers a wide variety of mobile phone plans to suit your needs. Whether you’re a heavy data user or just need the basics, Optus has a plan for you.
Optus’ My Plan Plus is their most popular and affordable option, starting at $50 per month. For this price, you get unlimited standard national talk and text, plus 5GB of data to use each month. If you need more data, you can add on extra gigabytes for an additional cost.
Optus also offers several premium plans with unlimited data starting at $80 per month. These plans include extras like international calls and texts and free access to Optus Sport. If you’re looking for the best value, the $80 My Plan Plus Infinity gives you all the features of the premium plans but with 20GB of data instead of unlimited data.
Optus offers a range of mobile, broadband, home phone, and entertainment products and services.
Mobile broadband plans
Optus offers a range of mobile broadband plans to suit your needs. Plans start at $10 per month and include data allowances of up to 10GB. You can also add data packs to your plan if you need more data.
Optus offers a range of broadband plans, starting at $60 per month. Plans include unlimited data, free home phone calls, and a free modem. You can also add extras to your plans, such as Foxtel, Netflix, and sports subscriptions.
Home phone plans
Optus offers a range of home phone plans, starting at $20 per month. Plans include unlimited national and local calls, and some include call packs to international destinations. You can also add a call pack to your plan if you need more calls to international destinations.
Optus offers a range of entertainment plans, starting at $35 per month. These plans include Optus Sport, which
gives you access to Premier League, UEFA Champions League, and UEFA Europa League matches, as well as the latest movies, TV shows, and music. You can also add a data pack to your plan if you need more data.
To see all the available Optus plans, visit their website or call customer service.
If you have an Optus mobile phone or tablet, you can activate it on the Optus network by following these simple steps:
- Insert your Optus SIM card into your mobile phone or tablet.
- Turn on your mobile phone or tablet.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to activate your Optus SIM card.
- You will need to provide your name, date of birth, and contact details.
- You will also need to choose a password and security question.
- Once your SIM card is activated, you can start using it straight away.
- To log in to your Optus account, visit the Optus website and click on the ‘Login’ button in the top right-hand corner.
- On the next page, you will need to enter your username and password in the relevant fields before clicking on the ‘Login’ button again.
- If you have forgotten your password, you can click on the ‘Forgotten Password?’ link which is located underneath the password field. This will take you to a page where you can enter your email address or mobile number in order to reset your password.
- Once you have successfully logged in, you will be taken to your account dashboard where you can manage all aspects of your account including checking your usage, paying bills, and updating your personal details.
- If you experience any problems logging in or accessing any features of your account, please contact Optus customer service for assistance.
Optus Mobile is one of the largest telecommunications companies in Australia. It offers a wide range of mobile phone services and plans, as well as broadband and home phone services. Optus has a wide range of phones to choose from, including the latest iPhones and Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
You can also purchase accessories, such as cases and covers, from Optus. Optus offers several mobile plans, such as the $40 per month plan with unlimited calls and texts, or the $70 per month plan with 10GB of data.
You can also add extras to your plans, such as international calls or extra data.
Optus recharge is a prepaid recharge service that allows Optus prepaid mobile customers to recharge their prepaid service by purchasing recharge vouchers from a range of retail outlets, or by using their credit card or bank account to recharge online.
Recharge vouchers are available in denominations of $10, $20, $30, $40, $50, and $100, and can be used to recharge any Optus prepaid mobile service.
Recharging online is the quickest and easiest way to recharge your prepaid service, and can be done in a few simple steps:
- Go to www.optus.com.au/recharge.
- Enter your prepaid mobile number and click “Submit”.
- Select the amount you would like to recharge and click “Continue”.
- Choose how you would like to pay, and click “Complete Recharge”.
Your prepaid service will be recharged and you will receive an SMS confirming the recharge has been successful.
How to Extend Ring Time on Optus
If you’re an Optus customer, there are a few ways you can extend the ring time on your phone. One way is to log into your online account and go to the “Phone” tab. From there, you can click on the “Change Settings” link and then select the “Ring Time” option. You can also extend your ring time by calling customer service and asking them to make the change for you.
Another way to extend ring time is to install a special app on your phone that will do it for you. There are a few different apps available, but we recommend Ring Time Extender (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ringtimeextender&hl=en). This app is free to download and use, and it’s pretty easy to set up. Just open the app and follow the instructions on how to extend your ring time.
And finally, if you’re an Android user, you can try this method: Go to Settings > Call > Extra settings > Flip button answers calls > On/Off. This will enable a setting that allows you to answer calls by flipping your phone over instead of pressing the Answer button. When this setting is enabled, incoming calls will be answered automatically after a few seconds of ringing (the exact amount of time depends on your phone model).
Optus NBN Plans
Optus offers a variety of NBN plans to suit different needs and budgets. There are three main categories of plans: home, business, and mobile.
Home NBN plans start at $60 per month for the basic 12Mbps package, with unlimited data included. Business NBN plans start at $80 per month for the 25Mbps package, also with unlimited data. And mobile NBN plans start at $40 per month for 5GB of data.
All Optus NBN plans come with free local and standard national calls, as well as a number of other features like Caller ID, Voicemail, and Call Barring. Plans can be customized with additional extras like International Calls Packages and Entertainment Add-ons.
How to Cancel Optus Plan
If you’re interested in canceling your Optus plan, there are a few things you should know.
- First, Optus will charge you a cancellation fee if you cancel your service before your contract is up. The amount of the fee will depend on how long you have left on your contract and what type of service you have.
- Second, if you cancel your service, you will still be responsible for paying any outstanding charges on your account. This includes any unpaid monthly fees, equipment charges, or other fees that may be due.
- Finally, once you cancel your service with Optus, it can take up to 10 business days for the cancellation to go into effect. During this time, you may continue to receive calls and texts from Optus as well as be charged for any usage on your account.
For more information about cancelling your Optus plan, please contact our Optus support team.
Optus Customer Service
There are a few things that you can do in order to contact Optus customer service. The first step is to visit the Optus website and click on the ‘Contact Us’ link at the bottom of the page. From there, you will be able to choose from a variety of different contact options, including phone, email, online chat, and social media.
If you decide to call Optus customer service, you will need to enter your location so that you can be connected with the appropriate call center. Once you are connected, a customer service representative will be able to assist you with whatever issue you are having. If your issue is complex or requires a longer conversation, it may be beneficial to request a callback so that you can continue the discussion at a later time.
Emailing Optus customer service is another option that is available to users. To do this, simply fill out the online form on the Contact Us page of the website. Include as much relevant information as possible so that customer service can help you resolve your issue in a timely manner. You should receive a response within 24 hours; however, if your issue is more complex it may take longer to resolve.
Social media is also an option for contacting Optus customer service. The company has both Twitter and Facebook accounts which they use to communicate with customers and provide assistance. To get in touch with Optus through social media, simply send them a direct message or post on their wall detailing your inquiry or problem. A representative should reply within 24 hours; however, depending on the nature of your issue it may take longer to resolve.
How to Activate Optus Sim
If you’re new to Optus, you’ll need to activate your SIM before you can start using our network. It’s easy to do and only takes a few minutes. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Find your SIM number. It should be on the back of your card, or on the packaging it came in. If you can’t find it, just give us a call and we’ll help you out.
2. Once you have your SIM number, head over to our activation page and enter it into the relevant field.
3. Choose whether you’re activating a new service or transferring your old number from another provider (known as porting).
4. Enter your personal details – including your date of birth and email address – and create a password for My Account.
5. Follow the prompts to complete activation, then click ‘Continue’.
And that’s it! Your Optus SIM will now be activated and ready for use.
It seems like every time there’s a big event or something major happening, Optus’ network goes down. Unfortunately for them, this has been happening a lot lately and people are starting to get really annoyed.
Recently when a heatwave swept across Australia and Optus’ network went completely out in the middle of it. People were trying to stay cool indoors by using their air conditioners and fans, but they couldn’t because they had no way of knowing when the power would come back on. And of course, with no power came no phone service or Internet.
This wasn’t the first time that something like this had happened either. Just a few months ago, during another heatwave, Optus’ network failed again. And before that, during the bushfires that devastated so much of Australia, their network went down then too.
At this point, it’s getting hard to give Optus the benefit of the doubt. They claim that these outages are due to “overwhelming demand” on their network during these major events, but many people are wondering if they’re just not prepared for them. After all, isn’t that what a good company is supposed to do? Be prepared for anything?
The Optus outage is just the latest in a string of similar incidents affecting Australian mobile users. In February, Telstra suffered a nationwide network blackout that left millions of customers without service. And last year, Vodafone also had a major network outage that affected customers across Australia.
Whenever there’s a service outage you can check the status of their service by visiting the Optus website or contacting customer service. Alternatively, you can keep up to date with service interruptions and outages by following Optus on Twitter or Facebook.
How to Reset My Optus Dongle
If you’re looking to reset your Optus dongle, there are a few simple steps you can follow.
- First, make sure that the dongle is turned off.
- Next, locate the reset button on the side of the device.
- Once you’ve found the button, press and hold it for approximately 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds have passed, release the button and wait for the dongle to restart.
- Once it has restarted, you should be able to use it as normal.
How to Set up Voicemail Optus
If you’re an Optus customer, setting up voicemail is simple.
To set up your voicemail:
1. Dial 123 from your mobile phone. You will be asked to enter your 4-8 digit passcode. If you don’t have a passcode, just press the # key when prompted.
2. Follow the prompts to set up your personal greeting and other options.
3. Once you’ve completed the setup process, you can access your voicemail by dialing 122 from your mobile phone.
With Voicemail, you can listen to messages left by callers, return calls without having to remember phone numbers, and even store important messages for later playback.
How to Activate Optus Sim Without Id
If you’ve recently purchased an Optus SIM card, you may be wondering how to activate it without an ID. Luckily, there are a few ways to do this.
- The first is by calling Optus customer service and requesting a new SIM activation. You’ll need to provide them with your name, address, and date of birth.
- The second way to activate your Optus SIM is by visiting the company’s website and filling out their online form. Here, you’ll again need to provide your personal information before submitting the form.
- Lastly, if you have a friend or family member who already has an active Optus account, they can help you activate your new SIM card through what’s called a ‘Multi-SIM swap.’
Simply have them call Optus customer service and request that your new SIM be activated on their account. Once it’s been processed (which can take up to 24 hours), they can then switch the SIM back over to yours.
And that’s it! With these three methods, you should have no problem activating your new Optus SIM card without an ID.
How to Set up Optus Voicemail
To set up your voicemail on Optus, you will need to call the Optus voicemail number. When you call this number, you will be prompted to enter your mobile phone number.
Once you have entered your mobile phone number, you will be prompted to create a four-digit PIN. You will use this PIN to access your voicemail messages.
Once you have created your PIN, you will be asked to record a greeting for your voicemail box. Once you have recorded your greeting, your voicemail box is set up and ready to use!
If you forget your PIN, don’t worry! You can easily reset it by calling the Optus customer service number and following the prompts.
Resetting your voicemail PIN is quick and easy, and it will allow you to continue accessing your voicemail messages without any interruption.
Optus Voicemail is a great way to stay connected even when you can’t answer your phone. With just a few quick steps, you can set up Voicemaildirectly from your mobile phone.
1. What is Optus?
Optus is a telecommunications company in Australia and New Zealand, owned by Singtel. It provides mobile, fixed broadband, and TV services to residential and business customers, with over 1 million subscribers as of June 2016.
2. What history does Optus have?
Optus was founded in 1981 as a government-owned corporation, trading under the name Aussat Pty Limited. It was privatised in 1992 and acquired by Singtel in 2001. Today, it operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel.
3. Where is Optus headquartered?
The company is headquartered in Sydney, Australia.
4. What services does Optus provide?
In addition to mobile, fixed broadband, and TV services, Optus also provides a range of other services including cloud and data hosting, managed IT services, and project management.
5. How many subscribers does Optus have?
As of June 2016, Optus had over 1 million subscribers. This number is constantly growing as more and more people switch to Optus for their telecommunications needs.
6. Why should I choose Optus?
Optus is a reliable and affordable telecommunications provider that offers a wide range of services to meet your needs. With over 1 million subscribers, you can be sure that you’re in good hands with Optus.
7. What are the benefits of choosing Optus?
By choosing Optus, you’re choosing a reliable and affordable telecommunications provider that offers a wide range of services to meet your needs. With over 1 million subscribers, you can be sure that you’re in good hands with Optus. You’ll also have access to world-class customer support and a team of experts who are always ready to help.
8. What is the Optus network?
The Optus network is a nationwide telecommunications network that provides mobile, fixed broadband, and TV services to residential and business customers. It is one of the largest and most reliable networks in Australia and New Zealand, with over 1 million subscribers.
9. How does Optus compare to other providers?
Optus compares favorably to other telecommunications providers in Australia and New Zealand in terms of coverage, reliability, and price. With over 1 million subscribers, it is also one of the largest networks in the region.
10. Is Optus right for me?
If you’re looking for a reliable and affordable telecommunications provider that offers a wide range of services, then Optus is definitely the right choice for you. With over 1 million satisfied customers, you can be sure that you’re making the best decision for your needs.
11. What are the benefits of choosing Optus?
There are many benefits to choosing Optus as your telecommunications provider, including reliability, affordability, and a wide range of services. With over 1 million subscribers, you can be sure that you’re in good hands with Optus. You’ll also have access to world-class customer support and a team of experts who are always ready to help.
12. What is the difference between Optus and Optus Sport?
Optus Sport is a sports-dedicated streaming service that provides access to live sporting events and exclusive content. Optus is a telecommunications company that also provides content streaming services, including Optus Sport.
13. What is Optus Sport?
Optus Sport is a subscription-based streaming service that offers live and on-demand streaming of sporting events.
14. What sporting events are available on Optus Sport?
Optus Sport offers live and on-demand streaming of a range of sporting events, including Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, FA Cup, and EFL Cup matches, as well as selected cricket and tennis tournaments.
15. How much does Optus Sport cost?
Optus Sport costs $14.99 per month. A free trial is available for new customers.
16. How can I watch Optus Sport?
Optus Sport can be watched on a range of devices, including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and smart TVs.
17. Can I watch Optus Sport without a subscription?
No, a subscription is required to watch Optus Sport.
18. What is the difference between Optus and Telstra?
Telstra is the older, more established telecommunications company in Australia. Optus is a relative newcomer but has been growing rapidly in recent years. Optus is also owned by Singtel, the largest telecommunications company in Southeast Asia.