As our population ages, more and more people are finding themselves in the role of caregivers for their elderly parents or grandparents. And while it can be a rewarding experience, it can also be a challenging one. One of the biggest challenges can be helping your loved ones stay connected and engaged with the world around them, especially if they are dealing with declining vision or hearing.
Smartphones can be a great solution for seniors who want to stay connected, but may not have the dexterity or eyesight to use a traditional phone. They are lightweight and easy to carry, have large buttons and displays that are easy to see and come loaded with features that can help seniors stay safe and independent.
There are now many affordable smartphones on the market that are specifically designed for seniors, such as the Jitterbug Smart2. This phone has a 5.5-inch HD display, large icons and text, and a simple menu that is easy to navigate. It also has a built-in magnifier, so seniors can easily see what’s on the screen, and an amplified speaker that makes it easier to hear phone calls.
See everything effortlessly and enjoy easy calling and texting with a flip phone that brings you a large display and widely separated, high contrast keys. Based on our award-winning design, this new generation phone for fast, 4G LTE networks combines complete ease of use with a comfortable, soft touch grip and loud, high quality sound. Other features include easy navigation, a flashlight and a shortcut key for the camera.
The Best Smartphones for your Grandparents 2022
There are a lot of factors to consider when choosing a smartphone for your grandparents. First, you’ll want to make sure that the phone is easy to use and has large buttons. A simplified menu can also be helpful for seniors who are not familiar with smartphones. In addition, it’s important to choose a phone that has features like an emergency call button and GPS tracking. These features can be extremely useful if your grandparents ever find themselves in an unfamiliar or dangerous situation.
Another thing to consider is the pre-loaded apps that come with the phone. Many senior-friendly smartphones have apps that can be very helpful for older adults, such as medication reminders, falls detection, and first aid instructions. Other apps can help seniors stay connected with family and friends or provide them with news and information tailored specifically to their interests.
Finally, you’ll want to make sure that the smartphone is compatible with any hearing aids or other devices your grandparents use before making a purchase. By taking all of these factors into consideration, you can choose the best smartphone for your grandparents’ needs.
List of Smartphones for your Grandparents
- Samsung’s Galaxy S9+ comes with a large 6.2-inch edge-to-edge display, as well as the highest resolution and most pixel density ever on a Samsung flagship device
- The iPhone XS Max features an all-screen design that extends to the edges of the device, providing more screens in the same physical size as the iPhone 8 Plus
- The Google Pixel 3 XL delivers an immersive 6.3-inch OLED display along with dual front-facing speakers for a truly immersive audio experience
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro is the first smartphone with an in-display fingerprint sensor and is powered by Huawei’s own Kirin 980 chipset, which is claimed to be 40% faster than its predecessor
- OnePlus 6T offers most of the latest high-end mobile specifications at a lower price compared to other flagships
- Galaxy J6+ has a large Infinity Display that reaches over 90% of screen-to-body ratio while maintaining a compact form factor.
- Galaxy A9 is the world’s first phone with four rear cameras (16MP + 24MP ultra wide-angle + 8MP telephoto + 5MP depth sensor) that enable you to capture amazing photos from every angle.
- Another great option for a smartphone tailored to your grandparents’ needs is the Jitterbug Smart2. This phone is designed with seniors in mind and includes features like large buttons and simple menus that are easy to navigate. The Jitterbug Smart2 also has an urgent response button that will connect your grandparents directly to 911 operators even if they can’t speak. This feature can be life-saving in an emergency situation. Additionally, this phone comes with several pre-loaded apps that can be very helpful for seniors, such as pill reminders, appointment scheduling assistance, and more.
- The Doro 7050 is another fantastic option when choosing a cell phone for your grandparents or other elderly loved ones. Like the other phones on this list, the Doro 7050 has large buttons and menus that are simple to use – perfect for those who are not familiar with smartphones. This phone also comes equipped with an SOS button that will immediately connect your loved one to a live operator who can help them in any emergency situation. Additionally, there are several pre-loaded apps on this phone designed specifically for seniors, including medication reminders, health tracking features, and more.
The Best Samsung Senior Citizen Phone
Samsung’s senior citizen phone is an excellent choice for those in need of a cell phone designed specifically for older adults. This phone has large buttons and a simplified menu, making it easy to use. It also has an emergency call button and GPS tracking, which can be extremely useful in case of an emergency. In addition, the pre-loaded apps on this phone are incredibly helpful for seniors, such as medication reminder, falls detection, and first aid instructions. Other apps include news and information tailored specifically for seniors.
- All prices mentioned above are in United States dollar.
- This product is available at Amazon.com.
- At amazon.com you can purchase Samsung Galaxy J7 for only $113.06
- The lowest price of Samsung Galaxy A71 was obtained on June 24, 2022 9:31 pm.
How We Choose
We considered several factors when choosing the best smartphones for seniors. We looked at these five things: display size, ease of use, pre-loaded apps, ability to use hearing aids, and compatibility. After considering all five of them we were able to come up with these top three choices.
When choosing the best phone it was important that they were simple enough that a senior could learn how to navigate through the functions by themselves. The beginners’ modes on many smartphones make this task even easier as well as additional video tutorials on YouTube which also helped me select these top three cell phones based on my experience testing their features during evaluations.
The 10 Best Grandparents Smartphones
In conclusion, there are many things to consider when choosing a cell phone for seniors and disabled people. It is important to choose a phone that is easy to use and has features that can be beneficial in an emergency situation. Additionally, pre-loaded apps that are tailored specifically for seniors can be extremely helpful in managing medication, staying connected with loved ones, and obtaining news and information. Finally, compatibility with hearing aids and other devices is also an important consideration. By taking all of these factors into consideration, you can choose the best cell phone for your needs.
Many seniors don’t want to be locked into long-term contracts.