While 5G is the newest, fastest cellular technology available, it’s not available on all cell phone carriers yet. In fact, as of early 2020, Straight Talk is one of the few major carriers that doesn’t offer 5G service.
However, that may soon change. Straight Talk is a subsidiary of TracFone Wireless, which is one of the largest providers of no-contract cell phone service in the U.S.
TracFone has already begun rolling out 5G service on its other brands, such as MetroPCS and Cricket Wireless. So it’s likely only a matter of time before Straight Talk starts offering 5G service as well.
If you’re a Straight Talk customer who’s anxious to get your hands on some 5G action, you can always buy an unlocked 5G phone and use it with Straight Talk’s BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) program.
Just keep in mind that you won’t be able to take advantage of any carrier-specific features or deals on fifth-generation phones until Straight Talk adds official support for 5G networks.
Straight Talk 5G Capable Phones
There’s a lot of talk about 5G these days. But what is it, and why should you care?
Put simply, 5G is the next generation of wireless technology that promises much faster data speeds than ever before.
With 5G, you’ll be able to download movies and games in seconds, stream live video with virtually no buffering, and enjoy uninterrupted video chats without any lag time.
In other words, it’s a huge leap forward for wireless technology that will have a major impact on how we use our phones and other devices.
So why should you care about 5G?
If you’re like most people, you probably use your phone for a lot more than just talking. You use it to stay connected with friends and family, entertain yourself with games and movies, get work done, and so much more.
And as our lives continue to become more intertwined with technology, we’re going to need faster and more reliable data connections to keep up. That’s where 5G comes in.
5G is still in its early stages of development, but there are already a few Straight Talk Wireless phones that are capable of utilizing the new network when it becomes available.
So if you’re looking for a new phone that can take advantage of all the benefits of 5G technology, be sure to check out Straight Talk’s selection of 5G-capable phones!
Straight Talk 5G Capable Phones Mon, Mar, 2024
Apple iPhone 11
After using the unlocked iPhone 11 for a week, I have concluded: that it is a great phone. The camera is excellent, and the battery life is better than expected. Plus, the unlocked feature is a huge plus. I don’t have to worry about carrier restrictions or bloatware.
[amazon box=”B07ZPKN6YR” template=”table”]
- You can use any carrier: An unlocked iPhone 11 means you’re not tied to a particular carrier. You may use whatever carrier you wish and are not limited to the one to which your phone is tied.
- You can use international SIM cards: When travelling overseas, an unlocked iPhone 11 allows you to utilise foreign SIM cards. Staying connected while travelling may be a simple and cost-effective option.
- You can sell your phone more easily: An unlocked iPhone 11 is more attractive to potential buyers than a locked phone, so you may be able to sell it for a higher price.
- You may not be eligible for certain discounts: Some carriers offer discounts on phones purchased through them. If you buy an unlocked iPhone 11, you may not be eligible for these discounts.
- You may not be able to use certain features: Some carriers provide special features that you can only use with their service. If you have an unlocked iPhone 11, you may be unable to access these features.
- You may have to pay more for your phone: Unlocked iPhones 11 can be more expensive than locked phones, so you may have to pay more upfront for your device.
SAMSUNG Galaxy Z Fold 4
The first thing you notice about the Galaxy Z Fold 4 is its sleek, cutting-edge design. The phone unfolds to reveal a large, bright display that is perfect for gaming, watching movies, or browsing the web. The camera is top-of-the-line, and the phone comes with all the features and apps you could want.
[amazon box=”B0B3T8CGHP” template=”table”]
- The phone is foldable: The Galaxy Z Fold 4 is one of the few foldable phones on the market, making it a unique and interesting option.
- The phone has a large screen: When unfolded, the Galaxy Z Fold 4 has a large 7.6-inch screen, which is great for watching movies and videos or browsing the web.
- The phone is powerful: The Galaxy Z Fold 4 is a powerful phone with a Snapdragon 888 processor and 12GB of RAM, making it a great choice for gamers and power users.
- The phone has a good camera: The Galaxy Z Fold 4 has a triple camera setup with a main 12MP sensor, an ultrawide 12MP sensor, and a telephoto 12MP sensor.
- The phone supports 5G: The Galaxy Z Fold 4 supports 5G, so you’ll be able to take advantage of the faster speeds and lower latency that come with the new generation of wireless technology.
- The phone is expensive: The Galaxy Z Fold 4 is one of the most expensive phones on the market.
- The phone is fragile: Because the Galaxy Z Fold 4 is a foldable phone, it is more fragile than a traditional phone.
- The phone has a small battery: The Galaxy Z Fold 4 has a small 4,435mAh battery, which may not be enough to last all day for some users.
- The phone runs Android 10: The Galaxy Z Fold 4 comes with Android 10, two versions behind the latest Android 12.
Apple iPhone SE (2nd Generation)
After using an unlocked iPhone SE (2nd Generation) for a week, I can confidently say that it is one of the best budget smartphones on the market. It has an excellent camera, a sleek design, and enough power to complete most tasks without any issues.
However, there are a few downsides to the iPhone SE (2nd Generation). It doesn’t have a headphone jack, so you’ll need to use Bluetooth headphones or an adapter if you want to use wired headphones.
The battery life isn’t as good as some other iPhones on the market. The iPhone SE (2nd Generation) is a good-budget smartphone. If you’re looking for an unlocked iPhone that won’t break the bank.
The iPhone SE (2nd Generation) is a great budget smartphone option for those looking for an iPhone that provides all of the basic features. It’s got a great camera, a sleek design, and more than enough power to get most tasks done.
[amazon box=”B088N8TF64″ template=”table”]
- Cheaper than other iPhones: The unlocked Apple iPhone SE (2nd Generation) is one of the most affordable iPhones on the market, making it a great option for budget-minded consumers.
- Compact design: The iPhone SE (2nd Generation) has a smaller form factor than other iPhones, making it more convenient to carry around.
- Good battery life: The iPhone SE (2nd Generation) has excellent battery life, allowing you to use it for extended periods without worrying about recharging.
- Excellent camera: The iPhone SE (2nd Generation) has a very good camera, making it a great choice for photography enthusiasts.
- Unlocked: The unlocked version of the iPhone SE allows you to choose your carrier and plan, saving you money in the long run.
- Fast processor: The iPhone SE (2nd Generation) is a powerful processor, making it a good choice for those needing a fast and responsive phone.
- No headphone jack: Since the iPhone SE (2nd Generation) lacks a headphone jack, you can use an adapter to connect headphones to the phone.
- Smaller screen: The smaller screen of the iPhone SE (2nd Generation) compared to previous iPhones might be a drawback for individuals who prefer a larger screen.
- No face ID: The iPhone SE does not have a face ID, meaning you’ll need to use a passcode to unlock the phone.
SAMSUNG Galaxy A53 5G A Series
After spending some time with an unlocked SAMSUNG Galaxy A53 5G, it’s safe to say that this is a great addition to the A Series lineup. The A53 5G offers many of the same features as the Galaxy S20 but at a more affordable price.
Regarding features, the A53 5G has a lot to offer. The 6.5-inch display is plenty large for most people, and the resolution is excellent. The processor is fast and responsive, and the battery life is impressive.
The camera is also very good, with excellent image quality and a wide range of features. The A53 5G is a great phone for most people. However, there are a few areas where it falls short.
- The lack of a native 5G connection.
- The lack of a waterproof rating.
- The lack of a microSD card slot.
Overall, the SAMSUNG Galaxy A53 5G is a great phone and an addition to the A Series lineup.
[amazon box=”B09R6FJWWS” template=”table”]
- 5G connectivity: The A53 is one of the first unlocked phones to support 5G, so you’ll be able to enjoy faster speeds and more reliable connections.
- AMOLED display: The phone’s AMOLED display is bright and clear and also edge-to-edge for a more immersive experience.
- Quad camera system: The A53’s quad camera system lets you take amazing photos and videos and supports 4K video recording.
- Fast charging: The A53 supports fast charging, so you can quickly top up your battery when running low.
- 128GB of storage: The A53 has 128GB of storage, so you’ll have plenty of space for all your photos, videos, and apps.
- No wireless charging: The A53 does not support wireless charging, which is disappointing.
- No waterproofing: The A53 is not waterproof, so you’ll need to be careful not to drop it in water.
- No expandable storage: The A53 does not have expandable storage, so you’ll need to be careful not to fill up the phone’s internal storage.
- No headphone jack: The A53 does not have a headphone jack, so you’ll need to use Bluetooth headphones or an adapter if you want to listen to music on the phone.
- No NFC: The A53 does not have NFC, so you won’t be able to use it for mobile payments or other NFC-enabled features.
I’ve been using the Moto G6 for over a week now, and I’m impressed. It’s one of the best Unlocked phones you can buy. It’s affordable, and you get a phone with a large, 5.7-inch display, a fast Snapdragon 450 processor, and a nice design.
But the best thing about the G6 is its camera. The Moto G6’s camera is fantastic for a budget phone. It takes great photos in low light and has a portrait mode that works well. If you’re looking for a great value phone that’ll work with Qlink Wireless, the Moto G6 is the one to get.
The Moto G6 is a great phone, but it’s not perfect. Here are a few things I didn’t like about it.
- The battery life could be better. I got about 4-5 hours of screen time with the G6, which is decent but not great.
- The fingerprint sensor is in a weird place. It’s on the back of the phone and is tough to reach. I would have preferred it if Motorola had placed it on the front.
[amazon box=”B07MF3Y8Y5″ template=”table”]
- Affordable: An unlocked Moto G6 is a very affordable smartphone, making it a great option for budget-conscious users.
- Good performance: The Moto G6 offers good performance for its price range, making it a great value.
- No carrier bloatware: One of the benefits of buying an unlocked phone is that you don’t have to deal with any carrier-specific bloatware. Your phone’s storage capacity may be greatly increased as a result.
- Compatible with any carrier: An unlocked phone is not tied to any specific carrier, so you can use it with any carrier you choose. You now have additional options when selecting a cell phone plan.
- Can be used internationally: An unlocked phone can be used with a local SIM card when traveling abroad, saving you a lot of money on international roaming fees.
- More expensive upfront: An unlocked phone typically costs more than a carrier-locked phone, so you’ll need to pay more upfront if you want to buy one.
- Might not work with certain features: Some carriers offer exclusive features that might not work with an unlocked phone. For example, you might not be able to use visual voicemail or take advantage of certain discounts.
- No financing options: Phone financing alternatives are normally available through carriers. However, unlocked phones typically cannot take advantage of these. The whole cost of the phone must be paid upfront, therefore.
- Can’t take advantage of certain deals: Carriers often offer discounts and deals on phones, but these deals are typically only available for locked phones. You might miss out on a great deal if you buy an unlocked phone.
- Might have a shorter warranty: Carriers often give lengthier warranties for locked phones compared to unlocked ones. If your phone crashes, you might not be protected.
Apple iPhone XR
After spending a week with an unlocked iPhone XR, I have to say that I’m pretty impressed. The phone is a great value, offering many of the features of the more expensive iPhone XS models but at a more affordable price point. One of the things I like about the iPhone XR is its design.
The phone has a sleek, elegant look that feels very premium. The bezels are also much thinner than previous iPhone models, giving the phone a modern look. Another thing I like about the iPhone XR is its camera. The phone has a single rear camera, but it takes great photos.
I was impressed with the camera’s low-light performance, and the portrait mode photos look great. One thing I don’t like about the iPhone XR is its battery life. The phone only has about 10 hours of battery life, which is shorter than I would like.
However, the phone comes with a fast charger, so you can get a quick charge when needed. Overall, I think the iPhone XR is a great value and a great choice for anyone looking for a new iPhone.
[amazon box=”B07P6Y7954″ template=”table”]
- You can use any carrier with the phone: Since the phone is not locked to a specific carrier, you can use any carrier you want.
- The phone is affordable: Unlocked phones cost less than locked equivalents because you are not paying a carrier subsidy
- More storage options: With an unlocked phone, you can choose a wider range of storage options.
- You can use international SIM cards: An unlocked phone can be used with international SIM cards, which is helpful if you travel abroad.
- The phone can be resold more easily: An unlocked phone can be sold more easily than a locked phone because it is not tied to a specific carrier.
- You might not be able to get certain carrier features: Some carriers offer features that are only available to their locked phones. As a result, if your phone is unlocked, you might not be able to benefit from some offers or services.
- The phone might not work with certain carriers: Phones that have been unlocked are not guaranteed to function with every carrier. Because each carrier has its network and technology, this is the case. So, if you have an unlocked phone, there is a chance that it might not be compatible with your chosen carrier.
- You might have to pay full price for the phone: Most carriers offer discounts on phones when you sign a contract. However, since unlocked phones are not tied to a specific carrier, you will likely have to pay the full price for the phone upfront.
Straight Talk Map: 5G Coverage
As 5G technology becomes more widespread, it’s important to know where you can find coverage. Check out the map below to see where Straight Talk offers 5G service.
If you don’t see your area on the map, don’t worry! We’re constantly expanding our network to bring 5G to more places.
The following is a list of areas where 5G service is currently available:
- GA -Charlotte
- NC -Dallas-Fort Worth
- TX -Las Vegas
- NV -Los Angeles
- CA -New York City
- NY -Orlando
- FL -Phoenix
Straight Talk offers great deals on unlimited monthly plans as well as pay As You go options so finding a plan that meets your needs and budget is easy. And with their growing 5G network, you can enjoy faster speeds in more places.
T-Mobile 5G coverage with Straight Talk
Depending on the network you are activated on, your Straight Talk plan enables you to connect to the 5G networks of T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon if your phone is 5G compatible.
Currently, T-Mobile has the best 5G coverage. Nevertheless, the 5G race has a long way to go. Regardless of the network you use, the majority of the present 5G service is only marginally improved 4G LTE.
- T-Mobile has 37% coverage
- AT&T has 16% coverage
- Verizon has 11% coverage
Your 5G phone will automatically transition between 4G LTE and 5G (on the same network), depending on which signal performs best, no matter what network your Straight Talk subscription is on.
Straight Talk Coverage Map: FAQs
Do I need to purchase a Straight Talk plan in order to use the coverage map?
No, you do not need to purchase a Straight Talk plan in order to use the coverage map. The coverage map is a tool that is provided for free by Straight Talk in order to help customers determine whether or not they will have service in a particular area.
How do I use the Straight Talk coverage map?
Using the Straight Talk coverage map is simple. Just enter your zip code into the box on the website and hit “enter.”
The website will then show you a list of nearby cities where you may have service, as well as the type of service (3G, 4G, 5G or LTE) that is available in each city.
What if my city is not listed on the Straight Talk coverage map?
If your city is not listed on the Straight Talk coverage map, it does not necessarily mean that you will not have service in that area. It could just mean that Straight Talk has not yet added that location to their database.
We recommend trying another zip code nearby and seeing if any results come up for that area before assuming that you will not have service at your current location.
What towers does Straight Talk use?
One of the great things about Straight Talk is that it uses all of the major cell phone towers. This means that you will always have great service no matter where you are in the country.
Another benefit of this is that you will never have to worry about roaming charges, as Straight Talk has you covered no matter what tower you are using.
Does Straight Talk have 5G?
On the AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon networks, Straight Talk offers 5G service. To connect, a 5G-capable phone, like the iPhone 12, is required. Depending on which is working better, your Straight Talk phone will automatically switch between 4G LTE and 5G.
What network is my Straight Talk service on?
If you’re wondering what network your Straight Talk service is on, there are a few ways to find out. First, check the settings on your phone. If you see “AT&T,” “T-Mobile,” or “Verizon” listed as your carrier, then that’s the network your phone is using.
Another way to tell which network your Straight Talk service is using is by looking at the SIM card in your phone. If the SIM card has an “AT&T” logo or a “T-Mobile” logo, then that’s the network it’s using.
Finally, you can always call customer service and ask them which network your Straight Talk service is using.
Does Straight Talk Have 5G Plans?
In terms of 5G coverage, Straight Talk does not yet offer any specific 5G plans. However, they do have a Bring Your Own Device program that allows customers to use their own phones on the Straight Talk network as long as it is compatible.
This means that if you already have a 5G-compatible phone, you can still use it with Straight Talk service by signing up for one of their unlimited plans and then activating your phone on their network.
While Straight Talk doesn’t currently offer any specific 5G plans, they are a great option for those who already have a 5G-compatible phone and are looking for an affordable unlimited plan.
Theirs Bring Your Own Device program makes it easy to activate your phone on their network, and their two unlimited plans give you plenty of options to choose from based on your needs.
Straight Talk Plans
There are three Straight Talk plans, all of which include unlimited talk and text: the $45 monthly plan also includes 5 GB of high-speed data, while the $60 and $75 monthly plans up that to 10 GB and 15 GB respectively.
Customers can also add an additional line for $30 per month. The biggest benefit of Straight Talk over other prepaid carriers is that it uses the same cell towers as major providers like AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon.
This means better coverage than most other prepaid carriers—though not quite as good as what you’d get with one of the Big Four postpaid providers.
Does Straight Talk Have 5g Coverage?
Straight Talk supports 5G networks from AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon. You’ll need a phone that supports 5G. Depending on which network performs better, your Straight Talk phone will automatically switch between 4G LTE and 5G.